Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BANNED

Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @Varietyofcards See Weekendwarriorsportscards's Items on eBay

How do you test this for a fish tank......Marineland canister filter

I landscape for a living and seem to be finding some decent stuff that people throw away. In particular here is a fish tank canister filter. This item retails brand new $99.99. It was thrown away by the side of the dump in it's original box with all parts. Along with it was a glas fish tank with many of th items that go inside one and the metal stand that the tank sits on. I was thinking maybe the owner no longer wanted to deal with it for whatever reason, maybe not able to carry it with them when moving, and everything is fine.

My question is seeing I do not have fish tank, how would you go about testing it for functionality? I thought about getting an extension cord and going to the bath tub? When plugged in it makes sound and appears to be ok. Before dealing it away I wanted to be sure in order to prevent any issues after the fact. See pictures below of the machine with the intake and out take tubes attached.

Brian

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

I believe that is for a salt water system. Not sure though

OPG Storefront Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    New England Patriots Boston Bruins Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @patriotsguy See patriots_football_guy's Items on eBay Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale
    Member is PayPal Verified

The only sure fire way to see if it works properly is to have it run. Not sure of you took the tank as well but if you did I would ust fill it up and hook up the canister and see what happens.

OPG Storefront Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    New England Patriots Boston Bruins Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @patriotsguy See patriots_football_guy's Items on eBay Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale
    Member is PayPal Verified

I believe that is for a salt water system. Not sure though

They can be used for both Salt and Fresh Water