Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on ebay hot packs

Opinions on ebay hot packs

Hi Guys,

I noticed sellers claiming a guaranteed autograph card in the hot pack that they sell. How is it possible that they can guarantee it? Obviously even if a box of 24 packs states guaranteed auto in box, sometimes there is no auto.

Thanks

They are either pack "feelers", or pack "searchers". I would say 80-90% being the "searchers".

There are many folks out there that carefully open packs, take out the good stuff, and sell the junk GU. (They can just re-seal the packs)

Pack feelers somehow can bend or seperate the cards and can tell that there is a GU in it (still inside the un-opened pack) ??

The good ones are neither pack feelers or searchers. They use precision scales that chemists use. With those you can tell the difference between filler cards and GU without a problem. You can use a regular postal scale on some packs to figure out if they have a GU in them. I would suggest not buying from these guys, they are part of the problem and you will get a bad name if someone calls you out for buying some.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristo
    Hi Guys,

I noticed sellers claiming a guaranteed autograph card in the hot pack that they sell. How is it possible that they can guarantee it? Obviously even if a box of 24 packs states guaranteed auto in box, sometimes there is no auto.

Thanks
    One if somebody is a scumbag then a guarantee means nothing. Somebody on this board bought an expensive autograph off of eBay but the guy said he guaranteed it to be real and would refund the money if it was fake. The guy bought the autograph and then had it checked out and it was false. Then he tried contacting the seller to get a refund and never heard back from him.

So the moral of the story is that a guarantee is only credible if it comes from a credible source.

Two the pack could be from a pack searcher but odds are the guy just reseals the pack with a resealing machine and shoves in a common game used jersey or autograph that he has or funny enough buys off of eBay. Sometimes its obvious that its the person as all you have to do is search eBay for what the seller bought and he sells the same pack as the ™™™™ty stuff he bought. Or he will just have a second account so he can buy junk with one and then sell with the other.

My advice is no matter what STAY AWAY FROM THESE THINGS. If you have the money to buy these then just buy the single cards off of eBay as you will be able to buy better cards then the price of the packs or just buy the packs from the companies that have a game used or autograph in every pack. Why buy something from a guy that is either felt up and damaged or junk that has been resealed when your not going to get that from a company?
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Yeah, stay away from them. You are better off buying the single cards you desire rather than hoping that these guys didn't put a worthless card into the pack.

I've seen some hilarious ones where the pack promises a numbered auto or something similiar, to me a clear indication that these packs were opened and resealed!

Plus, I don't think many in this hobby look kindly on pack searchers in the first place. Stay away!

I don't have any problems with people selling them but I sure as heck wouldn't buy one. The chance you will end up with a bargain is slim, so why not just buy a card you actually want?

well in all actuality there all pack feelers, cause if you look closely 90% of all "guarenteed" auto or GU card packs are retail!!!!!!! just thought i'd throw that out there, which in that case it may not be too bad to give a shot, but if its a high end hobby exclusive pack stay away!!!

hey bonds25, i know this is off the topic but since i'm a bonds fan also i wanted to know what u think did he or didn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonds_25
    I don't have any problems with people selling them but I sure as heck wouldn't buy one. The chance you will end up with a bargain is slim, so why not just buy a card you actually want?
    offtopic but I just opened 17 boxes of 2006 topps. Would like to buy all the bonds hr history cards from me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast