Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2003 rookie to collect

SCF Rewards
    Country

Question 2003 rookie to collect

each year i pick a rookie to collect in addition to collecting packers.....whos a good choice

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'd go with Leftwich. I like him a lot.

BGray

SCF Rewards

Charles Rogers....he's got the height, the speed, and the hands.

Loved watching him play in college (only saw a couple of games).

He could be the next mini-Jerry Rice

Jerry Rice is like Wayne Gretzky...the records have been shattered so badly that it's inconceivable someone will play long enough (esp. in football, where one injury and you could be through -- see Bo Jackson, Ki Jana Carter) and at a high enough level to even approach Rice's records.

Randy "I play when I wanna play" Moss comes close; but he lacks the motivation.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Originally posted by BGray
    I'd go with Leftwich. I like him a lot.

BGray

Yeah Leftwich is good plus he might go to a better than Palmer who is going to be stuck with the Bengals.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

See cfa10123's Items on eBay

Palmer is so much better. Leftwich is not a team player, and will win up like Ryan Leaf. Also, he wasn't playing against tough competition, while Palmer was. A guy a know is an OL on Marshall and echoes my opinions. Just a thought.

Tim

SCF Rewards

Tim,

do not compare Leftwich to Ryan Leaf. Leaf was an absolute gutless arrogant fool

secondly, how can a QB not be a team player, esp. when he is playing hurt?

as for tough competition...that's not Leftwich's fault.

Jerry Rice set all kinds of records playing at Mississippi Valley St., who didn't exactly play against top ten schools. But there's no question as to who's the greatest Wide Receiver to ever play in the NFL. He's set the records so far out of reach that some say he is the best NFL player ever.

Not to mention a certain 1st ballot hall of famer.

Everyone knows that a real team player would have gone out of the last game of his career during his injury (threatening his NFL career) and had the backup Stan Hill come in. Leftwich isn't like Leaf who was an arrogant fool, but his mannerism and the way he end will be. Watch Palmer excel.

Tim

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well evidently at workouts recently Leftwich was quite unimpressive and not in shape. As much as I don't like saying it, that does sound a bit like Leaf. :(

BGray

SCF Rewards

tidbit from L.A. Times sports column:

did ya hear about some colllege prospect WR from Harvard, who did poorly at the combines (lack of speed; small vertical leap, etc), then told scouts there that he didn't have adequate time to prepare b/c he was vacationing in Cancun with his agent, then had to spend time making hotel and car reservations so that his family could be present at the NFL draft?

One scout replied: well, you've got plenty of time; as a matter of fact, you don't need to be here at the draft until the 2nd round, and that's late in the 2nd round if you're lucky.

lolol.

Now that is funny. Do you have a link to that? I'm interested in seeing it.

Tim

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast