Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bball_mattyj's Items on eBay

when did card collecting become all about $$$?

When did the fun leave card collecting and it become all about $$$??

a person here listed there trade list, i needed 2 cards on it (rookie cards of nobodys) so i asked him for a trade and he said he liked one of my cards but wouldnt trade it for them because the beckett values didnt add up exactly...

this is meant to be a hobby not a business, who cares about BVs? this person would have been getting a nice GU card for 2 no-name rookies but wouldnt do it because of BVs...*sigh*

ive only been back into cards for a few months after a long break but a lot has changed and it seems like its no longer fun anymore :(

Mat

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spuds1961's Items on eBay

sorry i really don,t collect basketball but don,t let one bad experience sour things for you i have some basketball cards maybe i can find something you need tell me who you collect team or player wise and i will look trading on these boards is hit or miss but 90 percent of the guys and gals on here will work with you it is probably the best spot for trading on line without getting ripped off talk to you later take care spuds

yea i no i really dnt care about the bv as long as u want the card that ur getting so wat if there is a $5 bv difference

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bball_mattyj's Items on eBay

thanks for the offer spuds but i wasnt posting this to get free cards - just venting frustrations lol...and im glad im not the only one that thinks that way - when it boils down to it, they are, after all just pieces of cardboard..and like i said it is a hobby not a business...

ahh well hopefully i can find the cards i needed off someone else

SCF Rewards
    Country

mattyj: i don't go by bv at all either cause some one may have like a kurk haston auto bv 30 ™™™™ty player right but and then an antwan jamison auto only books 15 u know its not even at all... i go by sell value/hobby value

SCF Rewards
    Country

I say yes if i like the card

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

there are tons of people out there that aren't on the same page as you as far as collecting/trading/selling. Just like when you go to shows and see a guy with a 25¢ box that has better cards than in the next guys $1 box.

and even if you find a collector that trades a $20 card for a $15 card that he wants, it's always going to be about the money as far as that goes. You have to have some basis to start from and that's usually about value.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See villanuevafan's Items on eBay

I'd just like to trade! I am spending more money on tradebait and stuff then I am for stuff I want, and then I have to spend more money getting what I want. I'm just wasting money getting stuff I don't want to keep. I wish we all could just trying to sell everything we have and just trade! I'm trying to get money now for things I want for my PC and when I'm trying to get some good tradebait now, I have to pay tons for it! Gosh! lol

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mitcwolf's Items on eBay

Quote Originally Posted by stalking_WOLF_21
    mattyj: i don't go by bv at all either cause some one may have like a kurk haston auto bv 30 ™™™™ty player right but and then an antwan jamison auto only books 15 u know its not even at all... i go by sell value/hobby value

hey now.. dont be dissin the IU boys... if you have a haston auto i would gladly trade in your favor for it.. however i do go somewhat by bv and here is my reasoning. If i trade a 50 dollar card for a 30 dollar card of someone i collect sure i am happier with the card i collect.. however what happens when a 50 dollar card of that player comes around... now i just lost 20 dollars bv on that deal

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See villanuevafan's Items on eBay

yeah, exactly! And besides, I love IU!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast