Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See Greengoblin782's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

GFW: Global Force Wrestling

Jeff Jarrett made the announcement on April 07, 2014 that his new wrestling promotion will be the Global Force Wrestling. Does anyone feel that this wrestling promotion could one day complete with WWE or TNA?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't think it is there to compete with WWE. Maybe TNA or ROH but even that may be way down the line. Most important is that there is another alternative out there. Maybe Double J can get some of the good wrestlers TNA threw away and also we could see some proven guys fall out of WWE and then GFW might make a good run of it.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

On April 17, 2014, Jarrett announced the first name signed to Global Force Wrestling would be Scottish indy talent David 'The Renegade' Scougall

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't think any of these federations can compete with the WWE. It would be like trying to take down the NFL at this point or something. The circumstances with WCW going to war with the WWF were unique and it contained scenarios that likely will never happen again. TNA may have had a legit shot at being the WCW to the WWE but they blew it. They were never going to be ahead of the WWE but being a solid #2 was within their grasps. They can maybe still do that but they basically have restarted all over again.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

It appears that Jeff Jarret filed for three new trademarks for GFW.

“Global Force Wrestling”, “GFW” and “Global Force Entertainment,” all including digital media and streaming material on the internet. The trademarks also include claims for use of the name on posters and photographs, t-shirts, bandanas and hats and “Entertainment services, namely, wrestling exhibits and performances by professional wrestlers and entertainers.”

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I know this thread hasn't been posted in since last year, but they announced a few more wrestlers to the promotion.

Jeff Jarrett
    Karl Anderson
    Doc Gallows
    Lance Hoyt
    Davey Boy Smith Jr.
    Chris Mordetsky
    PJ Black
    Quinn Ojinnaka
    LeiD Tapa
    Thea Trinidad
    Chael Sonnen

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Knicks New York Yankees New York Giants
    See don't have an eBay account...'s Items on eBay

Nice to see Bulldog jr. get a chance. What a coup with the Gallows/Anderson tag team. They're awesome. Also nice to see PJ Black (aka Justin Gabriel) get another chance.

Right now though I'm completely infatuated with Lucha Underground. For me, they're #1. Followed by the E and then TNA. The in-ring action in Lucha UG is second to none, IMHO. I love all aspects of their show.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

With me, Lucha Underground & Ring Of Honor share my attention.

The signing of Moose (Quinn Ojinnaka) was a shocker, as you'd think ROH would've locked him up already. Given ROH's ties to New Japan, maybe Jarrett, who's a member of the Bullet Club himself, is looking to hitch his wagon to ROH's?
    "You can't have an oversight committee on stupidity!"--Woody Paige, "Around the Horn", 2/11/08

SCF Rewards
    Country

Some nice names there. I am definitely interested to see what kind of product GFW will have.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Personally, if Jarrett wants to gain any traction he should consider uniting Global Force with not only New Japan, but also......

Ring of Honor (since they also have a working relationship with New Japan, and Killer Elite Squad recently appeared on television to start a program with War Machine, and the Bullet Club has already done some ROH shows, plus being heavily involved in this week's events in Philly and Toronto.).
    Lucha Underground (due to Jarrett's having worked for AAA).

To me, Jarrett's plan is 2-fold. Establish GFW as a major playa in the business, bumping TNA & Dixie aside, and then sending a message to Vince McMahon that WWE does have some competition within wrestling after all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast