Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

View Poll Results: Best card with a story?

Voters
24. This poll is closed
  • centrehice

3 12.50%
  • johnse27

6 25.00%

7 29.17%
  • redwingsfan11

8 33.33%

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See aweeks711's Items on eBay

Voting: Show & Tell Contest Week FINAL WEEK!

Sent to me by Sluggo - Eddy T, the modern Ken Dryden - (smaller non-lawyer version). Sent out of sheer goodness, with no provocation, and no notice.

Eddy knows that I cannot resist any parallel from 1997-2004, especially a shiny one, even if it is some Bum that played for Edmonton decades ago.

Ken, Knows, Bo Knows, Eddy Knows !!

This is a card from the 08-09 SPx set that was the final card that I needed to complete the entire set! I had completed everything but this card when the set first came out. It had been 6 years that I had continued to look for it by checking on e-bay almost daily to see if it would ever pop up. I put up on the three forums I belong too that I would love to acquire it. I received one message saying that someone had at one time sold the card on e-bay. I contacted the buyer and he was trying to complete the set as well. Then one day a package showed up that said it was from Upper Deck. A card inside read..
    I assume that the card was never sold because Zetterberg was late sending back the cards. I never did see one on e-bay and therefore I am not sure how many complete sets are actually complete. I have to say I was shocked that Upper Deck was willing to send it to me to complete the set. There is so much generosity on these boards on a daily basis it was nice to see the manufacturers have some too. Thanks for reading!

Well about 2 years ago (2012) I stuck up a friendship on another trading site with Juha (colan33) and was able to help him with a case and box purchase

Over the last 2 years we have done some more trades and sales and I have helped him to hunt down some cards for his master set of 09-10 Champ's

Well about 4 weeks ago (June 2013) I tracked down his lastest card to finish the champs legends gu (gordie howe) and he said that he had a card to send to me as a thanks and that I would really like the card

well the pakage arrived and I opend it and found a thick toploader inside and could see it actually had 2 cards in it and could see if was a Evgeni Malkin Gu and also Sidney Crosby Inserts #/199.
    so I open the team bag and take out the toploader and remove the cards from the loader and the sleeve and it hits me that there is another card in between those 2 cards

so I lift the top card and My eyes bulge out when I see the card that is looking back at me.....

On August 3rd of 2011, I had gotten a small time job at a nearby opening restaurant to give me some extra pocket cash while I was attending my former college that I recently graduated from (just picked up my diploma yesterday). During that time, I was getting back into collecting after nearly a 5-6 year hiatus. As a lover of the Red Wings, it was only natural that with a little more pocket cash, I can focus on two of the best red wings during my generation; Pavel Datsyuk & Henrik Zetterberg. So as I began hand writing my want list, I started to get the urge to crack open a box of cards that I never really got or asked for as a child. As I looked on various websites for prices of 01/02 & 02/03 boxes, I found that Atlanta Sports Cards was having frequent sales on wax from these years, with the former being the cheapest. Out of the crop of wax, I decided to buy a box of 01/02 Crown Royale because not only did I grow up loving the designs, but I wanted to try and land Datsyuk's RC /267. Sure enough I put in the order and waited a few days. While at work on a friday, knowing the box was home waiting for me, as I was washing dishes, I began romanticizing the possibility of pulling his RC. Sure enough after Usain Bolting home from work, I cracked open that box. As I began opening my packs, I received my inserts and triple thread jersey cards, but no serial #'ed RC yet. With the packs dwindling down, I was getting a bit nervous, but sure enough on one of the last packs I noticed this one odd shaped card with golden borders sticking out from the rest. So I slowly went through the base cards until all I had left was the one covering the RC. I pulled down the base card slowly revealing the color helmet of the player and once I saw a red helmet my heart started to race thinking to myself, "COULD THIS BE IT?!?!?". Sure enough, once I fully pulled the base card and exposed the beauty of my Datsyuk RC /267, I got up from my table and ran victory laps around my small apartment yelling, "I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! I DID IT!!!!". The best hobby moment of my life. After I settled down and stared at it for like 30 minutes, I put it into a screw down and placed it in the front of my PC box. To this very day, nearly 3 years later, I still have the Crown Royale box and it holds all my recent card pickups and some family mementos. All cards in my small PC would be hard to let go of, but if there is one card that would never leave me, its my Datsyuk Crown Royale Rookie. The memory attached to it is just too strong and plus its too beautiful to me =).

Last edited by aweeks; 04-28-2014 at 01:11 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Voted!
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See pidge27's Items on eBay

Just want to say thanks to "aweeks" for all her work on this contest! I really enjoyed participating this year as well as seeing all the other cards people had to contribute! I know some people dropped out due to different controversies but I enjoyed the diverse cards that appeared during the contest. Also a thanks to some of the other moderators for their non entries to compare them with. Great job everyone!!!!!!!!
    Hidden Content

Looking for 01-02, 02-03 BTP memorabilia

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

I voted! ........for the one with my name in it hahahaaa!! Plus I think that the BAP Heritage inserts were absolutely perfectly done. So there.

I would also like to thank Andrea as well, this is my favorite contest of them all even if I'm not allowed to enter officially. She took way more abuse over alllllll the things than anyone rightfully should have. This little thing is simply a chance to show off not neccessarily the best of what we have, but the cards that are dearest to our hearts. We're all different, with different tastes and backgrounds. Some of us are punk kids with students' budgets, some of us are successful in the world of business or are living off of their gigantic inheritances, some of us are cranky old bastids who couldn't care less about little pieces of fabric wedged into cardboard and at least one of us is on his way to that happy place. But we all LOVE our cards, and I love oooo-ing and aaaaah-ing over all of yours as much as you love showing them off. This SHOULD be the friendliest competition SCF has to offer, and we SHOULD just be voting for the cards we like the bestest. Personally, I like Mario Lemieux cards. You vote for who you like :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See aweeks711's Items on eBay

Thanks everyone! I tried my best, lol. Can't please them all!

I look forward to next years Show & Tell!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (114)
    Country

It was a fun year and I enjoyed the contest, love to show off my hits and to see everyone's card that they cherrish too.
    I would also like to thank Andrea for the things she has done. Hope to enter again next year and see more of the great stuff displayed by the memeber of the SCF Nation.

Good luck to you all and enjoy the NHL playoffs
    GO PENS GO!!!!

jim