Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Pot is now legal in Colorado, but employers can still fire you for smoking it.

I am not a lawyer, but I am betting employers have more rights than we think.

I'm betting they're not too fond of you bringing it onto company property. It's been quite frowned upon to bring alcohol to work, even leaving it in you car on their property, at every job I've ever worked.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Right, so in my trip to the greater Los Angeles area, all the privately owned outdoor "no smoking" areas were an illusion?

California is one of the most fascist areas in this country and they operate outside of the normal laws. This is the same state that has a law dictating how long you have to clean your dog's poo off of your lawn. Because you saw some obscure signs in California does not mean the rest of the US operates like that. Saying that something must be a certain way in the rest of the US because it is a certain way in California is like saying a monkey would make a good lawyer because it shares some genetic traits with human lawyers.

So when a FedEx blows up because of a car bomb, you're going to say what?

I am going to say that no rule that FedEx could have ever made would have prevented it. Newsflash. FedEx can makes rules until their heads pop off, it won't stop someone from shooting up the place or bombing the place. You seem like a pretty smart guy, I shouldn't have to point that out to you.

Pot is now legal in Colorado, but employers can still fire you for smoking it.

I am not a lawyer, but I am betting employers have more rights than we think.

So if a person smokes pot in their home, how is the employer supposed to find out? I believe what you are referring to is that employers can fire employees who are high on the job, which just makes sense.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I am going to say that no rule that FedEx could have ever made would have prevented it. Newsflash. FedEx can makes rules until their heads pop off, it won't stop someone from shooting up the place or bombing the place. You seem like a pretty smart guy, I shouldn't have to point that out to you.

So what are you worried about then?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

So what are you worried about then?

Only an idiot buys the "If you are doing nothing wrong then you have nothing to worry about" angle. This is just another level of infringing on people's personal rights in the name of "public safety".

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

Drug testing would be a way to find out that if employees were smoking marijuana in states where it is now legal. The NBA would still suspend players on the Nuggets if they fail a drug test for marijuana as far as I've heard.

I do agree that a rule saying employees can't have guns in their cars at work would not have prevented this. I could argue that it could prevent a scenario that could be more of a heat of the moment dispute that may happen at work between two parties.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Only an idiot buys the "If you are doing nothing wrong then you have nothing to worry about" angle. This is just another level of infringing on people's personal rights in the name of "public safety".

That's not what I said.

Try again.

SCF Rewards
    Country

California is one of the most fascist areas in this country and they operate outside of the normal laws. This is the same state that has a law dictating how long you have to clean your dog's poo off of your lawn. Because you saw some obscure signs in California does not mean the rest of the US operates like that. Saying that something must be a certain way in the rest of the US because it is a certain way in California is like saying a monkey would make a good lawyer because it shares some genetic traits with human lawyers.

So if a person smokes pot in their home, how is the employer supposed to find out? I believe what you are referring to is that employers can fire employees who are high on the job, which just makes sense.

Smoking pot at home does not matter in the mind of employers. You can be terminated for having it in your system. My employer does random drug screening and also drug screening if somebody is injured or looks under the influence. Employees have no rights to smoke pot and keep their jobs if it is against employer rules.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

If you get random tests, he cares what you're doing at home. Pot make you high for an hour or two, but stays in your system for weeks, even months.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Tell me what you think of the police overstepping their boundaries to take a person's right away, Duane...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123