Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: My IP Stuff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See csduncan69's Items on eBay

Next the Visialia Rawhide came to town, the Diamondbacks affiliate. Sadly I was out of game-used Cal League balls, so all I got signed was cards. Here are some of them.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The Stockton Ports, A's affiliate has now been here 2 times. This last time all-star closer Sean Doolittle was scheduled to make a rehab appearance. Instead, wearing the same jersey number was Ben Zobrist making a rehab stint.

Here are a couple Zobrist cards. Cool guy who signed everything for everyone.

Matt Chapman, A's #3 prospect. Nice guy, but seems to only sign 2 at a time.

Dillon Overton, A's #5 prospect. Doesn't sign before games he pitches, but that is pretty normal.

Franklin Barreto, A's #2 prospect. Nice guy, will sign lots and takes his time with the signature.

Ball #1, Barreto on this side.

Ball #2, Chapman on this side.

Next will be the High Desert Mavericks, Rangers affiliate this weekend.
    Last edited by Go Sox; 05-22-2015 at 07:47 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Time for some more updates. The Bakersfield Blaze had their autograph day so I went to that. They gave out a team photo and had all the players sitting at tables before the game to sign for people. I did my normal team ball and got some cards signed. The Blaze put out their card set a lot sooner this year so most of the players were still with the team this year. Got some of the team set done.

Here are some cards of Ryan Yarbrough, Mariners #9 prospect.

Here is the team signed ball, Tyler O'Neill on this side, Mariners #10 prospect. This guy is really strong and can hit a lot of homers. Kind of odd that I cannot find any cards of him.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The next team to come to Bakersfield was the High Desert Mavericks, now an affiliate of the Texas Rangers. I tried out a Staedtler pen for the first time this day and am really liking how cards signed by it end up looking. Lewis Brinson is the highest rated prospect on this team, but he was hurt and didn't travel with the team.

Here are some cards I got signed.

Here is my normal team signed ball. Ryan Cordell on this side, #11 prospect and having a nice season.

Ball has:
    # Name
    2 Joe Jackson
    24 Edwin Garcia
    31 Ronald Guzman
    3 Evan Van Hoosier
    29 Reed Garrett
    9 Ryan Cordell
    4 Alex Burg
    20 Felix Carvallo
    21 Trey Lambert
    10 Ryne Slack
    11 Spike Owen
    5 Royce Bolinger
    33 Juan Grullon
    7 Kellin Deglan
    6 Seth Spivey
    16 Luis Marte
    12 Jefri Hernandez
    17 Ryan Ledbetter
    27 Tyler Smith

SCF Rewards
    Country

The Visalia Rawhide came to town again and this time I got a team signed ball done, as well as some more cards. Here is the ball, #8 prospect Domingo Leyba and #27 prospect Daniel Palka on this side. I don't think Leyba has any cards yet, sadly. Daniel Palka is playing great this season and made the all-star team.

On Ball:

SCF Rewards
    Country

Next the Nuts came back to town. I was not able to do my normal pre-game graphing and got there late. I only got a few cards signed, but here are the highlights. Jordan Patterson and Ryan McMahon, both on the all-star team.

I will try and do another update later this weekend as I have some pretty cool stuff to show. :)
    Last edited by Go Sox; 06-27-2015 at 09:59 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

At the Bakersfield vs. Modesto game I was surprised to learn that Edgar Martinez was there working with some of the players. Only thing I had that he could sign was a ball used in the game. Came out looking pretty nice. He is actually pretty tough to get, and a couple days later would not sign a baseball card for me. He moved on after a few days and was named the Mariners hitting coach right after that.

SCF Rewards
    Country

6/16/15 Bakersfield vs. Inland Empire 66'ers, affiliate of the Angels.
    Very very nice team, all of them very friendly.
    Here are a few cards.

Sean Newcomb has been the highest rated prospect to come through the Cal League this season. (Angels #2, MLB #55)
    He started this game and would not sign until after the game, and he was very friendly afterwards as well.
    The first 10 outs he got were all strikeouts! He had 11 K's thorough 4 innings, crazy.

Here is the team signed ball.

Ball has:

SCF Rewards
    Country

6/23/15 California League vs. Carolina League in Rancho Cucamonga.

I decided a few days prior that I was going to make the drive down to Rancho Cucamonga to attend this event, and it went pretty well, despite not havings all the cards I would've liked to have had for some players. As soon as they opened the gates the place was pretty much a mad-house when it came to getting the player autographs. Plus it was a pretty hot day. You had 45 minutes to get the signatures from each league. The Carolina League was up first, and position players and pitchers were sitting at tables at opposite sides of the stadium. It was a challenge to get through the line for every table. Here are some of the Carolina League guys I was able to get.

Cody Reed and Eric Skoglund

Duane Underwood and James Dykstra

Ball has:
    No. Pitchers
    40 Nick Pivetta
    32 Duane Underwood Jr.
    13 Mitch Horacek
    18 James Dykstra
    25 Eric Skoglund
    32 Cody Reed
    32 Matt Heidenreich
    32 Chase Johnson
    Coach Shawn Green
    Yes, I ended up having Shawn Green sign this ball as well. :)

Sam Travis, Go Sox!

Bradley Zimmer

Ball has:
    No. Player
    22 Ramon Torres
    22 Omar Narvaez
    6 Bradley Zimmer
    24 Spencer Kieboom
    2 Johan Camargo
    12 Jeff Kemp
    8 Trey Michalczewski
    Dustin Peterson
    34 Sam Travis
    1 Luigi Rodriguez
    6 Mark Zagunis
    Jeimer Candelario
    25 Nellie Rodriguez

SCF Rewards
    Country

Next you had 45 minutes to get the California League players. By this time there were many more people trying to get autographs and the lines got very long. I began at the Cal-League pitchers side and after getting Keury Mella and Chase Johnson I decided to head over to the position players side.

Keury Mella Giants #2 prospect, Chase Johnson signed the pitchers ball shown before.

The two longest lines were for A.J. Reed and Brett Phillips. I really wanted to get Phillips since I expected him to be called up to double A soon after the all-star game. He was in fact called up the next day.

A.J. Reed, this guy is a beast. Almost won the homerun derby.

Brett Philips. I don't know why he was still in the Cal League after tearing it up since last season's all-star break.

Other signatures I got.

Ryan McMahon

Raimel Tapia

Ball has:
    No. Players
    16 Brandon Trinkwon
    40 A.J. Reed
    6 Brett Phillips
    2 Jack Mayfield
    36 Ryan McMahon
    10 Cody Bellinger
    2 Hunter Cole