Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (60)
    Country

Rubber band creasing help!!!

How much does rubber band affect the grading of a 50's and 60's card. I have almost perfect vintage cards but they have little waves in the sides where the rubber band sat on them. Thanks in advance and I will be listing some on here soon including mantles and other big names.
    Last edited by kwikford; 05-24-2014 at 04:27 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ukiah's Items on eBay

I am not a big grader kinda guy but just judging from the detail that I have seen this would probably kill any kind of advanced grade. You may expect EX at best and VG likely...probably not worth the money to grade unless a star and you were looking to sell and get a little money. Not much though.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC(104)
    Country
    See mikethebulldog's Items on eBay

I agree. He is right on the money. Just about any card with a bend or crease is in the category of VG. To me anyway. Don't expect an EX grade. The only way a card with a rubber band mark will get an EX grade is if the rest of the card is perfect. Absolutely perfect.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (60)
    Country

Thanks For the comments, most of my cards are like this and the only thing wrong. I agree about the grading part but I would think they would qualify higher than a set filler, do you agree?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC(104)
    Country
    See mikethebulldog's Items on eBay

Thanks For the comments, most of my cards are like this and the only thing wrong. I agree about the grading part but I would think they would qualify higher than a set filler, do you agree?

Wouldn't know without actually seeing the damage but for the most-part, yes.