Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Need some info for getting cards Graded..

Hi, i am thinking about getting some cards Graded & a couple Gem Mint 10 Barry Bonds Rookies Regraded by a more reputable company. I see in Canada we have KSA. Are they a reputable company for card collectors? Are there any other options here in Canada other than KSA? Do they do lot deals like sending in 10 cards at a time? Any info on this for me would be great. The 2 Bonds cards i have are sweet cards, in excellent condition especially for 1980's cards but they are basically not worth much to collectors because of who they are graded by. If a more reputable company graded these they would jump significantly in value im sure. Does anyone know what a KSA Gem Mint 10 Bonds 87 Topps or 86 Topps Traded would be worth if it booked a 9-9.5 0r hopefully a 10? Thanks in advance..
    Cheers,
    James

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Chicago Cubs Seattle Seahawks
    Twitter: @@BartenderRon47 COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I've never used them, but I've heard good things about KSA. Your best bet for your question about lot deals might be answered through their website? Who were the Bonds graded by? They might already be more "reputable" then KSA, but I'd imagine American collectors would prefer BGS...Not sure where they are, but PSA is another good one, I've heard.
    Always looking for Senators cards! Must be a draft pick, or the card is identifiable as a Senators card before I want it!
    Until further notice, I ship on Mondays. Only day off, so only chance to get to the Post Office.
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Senatorcollector: PGI is still around & going strong. That is 1 of the companies that Graded my Bonds Topps Traded rookie.
    Gem Grading Incorporated is the other company who graded my Topps Bonds rookie & I see nothing but good reviews from collectors on they're web page. Maybe i will just stick them aside cause from what i have seen on different Forums & EBay there are not alot of Graded Gem Mint 10 Bonds rookies out there. These are 1980's cards so condition is everything.. Thanks for your input. Anyone else know anything about these companies?? Cheers

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

KSA from everything I've seen/heard is good for encasing for your PC (cheaper), but can actually pull value down vs raw. PSA/BGS is worth the cost

SCF Rewards
    Country

I only ever go with PSA or BGS. Although for baseball, I've heard SGC is very well respected. If you're worried about value, I'd take a look on Ebay, and see what recent sales of a high graded cards from each company go for.

KSA is not as well respected as those 3 above. They tend to be less consistent with grades (or at least they are perceived as such), and this decreases the value of their cards.

It sucks in Canada that shipping and the low value makes grading with American companies more expensive, but its worth it IMO.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I really want to try to stay away from sending cards to the U.S. if i can. with the conversion rate i will be paying alot more in U.S. funds as well as shipping costs. Are all 3 of those companies based in the States? Thanks for your help guys,

SCF Rewards
    Country

I really want to try to stay away from sending cards to the U.S. if i can. with the conversion rate i will be paying alot more in U.S. funds as well as shipping costs. Are all 3 of those companies based in the States? Thanks for your help guys,

KSA is the only one based in Canada. It sucks to have to deal with shipping and exchange rates, however, I'd strongly recommend going with one of the big graders. The whole point of grading is getting the cards upgraded in value, but that relies on the reputation of the grader. KSA has some reputation in hockey, but almost none in baseball. For baseball I'd go with PSA or Beckett or SGC for vintage. I would not consider KSA for baseball. Do a search of recent ebay sales. The only Bonds rookies that are selling for more than $20 are graded by PSA or BGS. You'll need a BGS 9.5+ or PSA 10 to make it worthwile.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ok thanks for the info. Glad i haven't sent them yet. I almost paid for them yesterday but i held off. They have a Special on right now, 10 cards for $100 plus shipping. I almost pulled the trigger as I see lots of KSA Graded Cards, mostly hockey, & I never thought to check Baseball. Cheers
    James

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ok thanks for the info. Glad i haven't sent them yet. I almost paid for them yesterday but i held off. They have a Special on right now, 10 cards for $100 plus shipping. I almost pulled the trigger as I see lots of KSA Graded Cards, mostly hockey, & I never thought to check Baseball. Cheers
    James

At $10 a card you're only looking at a savings of a few dollars per card. For baseball KSA is pretty worthless IMO. Baseball is a primary American sport, and the vast majority of the collectors are American. So you unfortunately will have to go with an American company. If you want to save a bit, BGS does come to shows in Canada occasionally. By dropping off the cards in person, you will save shipping costs to them.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well thats a good option. I live only a few hours from Toronto so maybe i will head up there for the next big Card Show & see if they are there. How would i go about finding info as to if they are going to be at 1 of these Card Shows? Any Idea? Thanks
    James

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast