Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Quebec Passes Landmark Dying With Dignity Bill Today

Fantastic news. I expect the rest of the learned country to follow, then the learned World. Finally some common sense in a World full of religious nut-jobs.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montre...bill-1.2665834

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

This whole thing was started by an elderly woman in my town in BC. She fought all the way to the Supreme Court of Canada and won. The Supreme Court said laws against assisted suicide are unconstitutional and gave the government 1 year to change the books. That was last summer, I believe, so I think you'll see all the provincial and federal laws changed on this fairly quickly, as it has to be made legal within a few months now.

Side note, the judge also gave her special license for her own assisted suicide before that 1 year government deadline, and she passed away without using it. To me that proves this whole fight was genuine. She fought to die with dignity, not just die. She fought for everyone else, not just herself. I have a lot of respect for that woman, and I wish I had met her.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

All these prohibiting terminally ill patients from chosing death were wrong and should have never been on the books in the first place. Good job Qubec.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

If a person chooses to end their suffering they should have a legal assisted suicide option, but keep the government out of it.

When Dr. Kevorkian was all the rage I could not figure out why so many people wanted people to not make the decision to end their own suffering. Maybe I was Libertarian earlier in my life than I realized.
    Last edited by 37jetson; 06-08-2014 at 11:13 AM.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

If a person chooses to end their suffering they should have a legal assisted suicide option, but keep the government out of it.

When Dr. Kevorkian was all the rage I could not figure out why so many people wanted people to not make the decision to end their own suffering. Maybe I was Libertarian earlier in my life than I realized.

What on Earth does that mean? Maybe you were a person with common sense? That I can see. How can you make it political, especially in a country that only has 2 political parties.

The right to die with dignity has nothing to do with American politics. Get over yourself and the USA first ... agenda.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

Fantastic news. I expect the rest of the learned country to follow, then the learned World. Finally some common sense in a World full of religious nut-jobs.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montre...bill-1.2665834

what does religion have to do with it????

if people want to off themselves then fine, less morons we have to deal with

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

what does religion have to do with it????

if people want to off themselves then fine, less morons we have to deal with

Religion is why suicide is illegal in many areas. Religion is the only thing that makes suicide wrong. No problem if you're not religious right? Wrong, because the religious like to force their beliefs into earthly law. If you can't physically kill yourself, you need help. The help is considered murder in most places.

This isn't about killing yourself, it's about help for those suffering too much to be able to end their lives.

You're talking like it's about suicidal maniacs who are also lazy.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

Religion is the only thing that makes suicide wrong

morals and ethics exist outside of religion. suicide is wrong for many reasons, just like murder. but, like everything there are always exceptions. I am all for assisted suicide as long as it is done by a medical team and the patient has had all lose ends tied up.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Without religion it is not morally wrong to the point of illegality.