Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards

I知 in the market for a new fancy big TV

So I知 in the market for a new fancy big TV (I'm thinking around 70"). The reason I知 buying a new one is that my current 20-year-old TV has a busload of things burned into the screen from years of gaming. I have meters in all four corners. I have the opening screen to the original Nintendo and (I think) the PSX. I have random ghosts of things that I don稚 know what they are. I am really bad about passing out in front of the TV with my game paused. So, I want to buy a new TV, but I never want this to happen to me again. Anyone know what kind of TV won稚 do this? I asked Google and it gave me this, is this a good thing: http://www.dlp.com/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Arkanethug's Items on eBay

for my gaming I just bought and hooked up a projection screen for my x box. Set me back a little more than I had planned but it works wonders.

SCF Rewards

so I went to the store yesterday and I can say is wow, I was looking at DLP from samsung and the salesman had this gleem in his eye, and he said you want to connect a PS2 to one, and I was like yea, all i can say is wow.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jkorduner's Items on eBay

You shouldn't need to worry about burn in anymore with any of the tv's. I don't know about the ps2, but I know the xbox has a fade mode if it's paused too long, and all the new tv's will dim or turn off if the signal stagnates too long.

I've had a 55" samsung projection for 3+ years and xbox in HD still looks great....and I too am notorious for passing out while playing games. Fortunately the only thing that has suffered has been my online record.

SCF Rewards

come on now just imagine pulling up to Metal Gear Solid 4, on a big 70in DLP tv, I would think I was liquid Snake, hehe that man is so cool.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

70" TV is huge. Are you planning on moving anytime soon? Because my buddy has a 65" and it is a monster and a son of a Gun to move.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See darthtampon's Items on eBay

Quote Originally Posted by LSUConnMan
    You shouldn't need to worry about burn in anymore with any of the tv's.

This is not true for anything that is flat screen or plasma.