Thread: Grading Cards

Grading Cards

I have been collecting cards for almost 5 years now. I have never had a card graded and really want to get one graded. I have a couple questions on this though.
    Is there only certain cards you can get graded?(can I get a GU card graded?)
    How much does it cost to get it graded?
    How do I send it in to get graded and who do I send it to?
    Thank you for your help.

2. Check out the Auctions from Packrip.com
    Yes, you can get GU graded and even auto cards. Depending on the
    company doing the grading, there will be added fees for grading a GU or Auto.
    The easiest company (and arguably the most respected) is Beckett.
    Go to www.beckett.com and click on GRADING. From there you can read about any fees, submission forms, etc...
    PSA is another respected company, but you have to be a club member to get cards graded via them.
    Hope this helps...

Moved to the Graded Sports Cards Forum. Hopefully, you'll get a good response & some help here from people that frequent this forum.

It is also possible to get cards graded by PSA by submitting them through an authorized dealer. PSA's web site has ways of searching for authorized dealers in your area. This is how I have submitted cards for grading.

Two other companies besides Beckett and PSA with good reputations (but less brand name recognition) are GAI and SGC. These are the only four companies I would give any consideration to. They are considered stricter and more consistent--and do much higher volumes--than any other services you might encounter.

Peter G.