Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants New York Yankees New York Rangers

SCF Baseball Super Team Collections - NEW!!!

Team Super Collectors:

We realize this has been a long time coming and the baseball team is happy to announce the Team Super Collectors.

Show us how big of a fan you are. No longer are you constrained to Dale Murphy, Greg Maddux, and Chipper Jones. How about showing us your entire Braves collection? Please understand this is a work in progress and the SCF baseball staff reserves the right to tighten/loosen the requirements based on community feedback. Read the instructions for applying below and show us how great your Team collection is!

What counts?
    - Cards with a player dressed in the team jersey (this includes all MLB brands, Minor league cards do not count).
    - Cards with a player that currently plays for the team, but not in team jersey
    - Team memorabilia and oddball/unlisted (Any and everything you have, from Playing cards, to Pogs, to Bath Towels…. This will gives us a great idea as to how “Super” of a collector you are)
    - Team cards (i.e. Leaf Team Checklists,)
    - 1/1s are bonus

Please note: If your application is denied, we ask that you wait at least 60 days before reapplying. This will give you time to add to your collection.

So what are the exact guidelines? This is where things become a little more subjective. Let's take the examples below:

Here are the total # of cards for two teams as of May 31st 2014:
    (Numbers are from Beckett)

Boston Red Sox
    Total Cards: 103,863
    Total Rookie Cards: 1,283
    Total Memorabilia Cards: 19,088
    Total Autograph Cards: 13,063

Los Angeles Dodgers
    Total Cards: 73,336
    Total Rookie Cards: 1,151
    Total Memorabilia Cards: 9,818
    Total Autograph Cards: 8,909

Let's say I was to apply for the Dodgers my break down looked like this:

Los Angeles Dodgers
    Total Cards: 5,245
    Total Rookie Cards: 10
    Total Memorabilia Cards: 101
    Total Autograph Cards: 30
    Along with some great Dodgers Memorabilia and a great write-up.

Would this suffice? Probably not as I don't have a large selection of RC's GU, and Autos. The Baseball staff would most likely reject my application until I got those numbers up.

While we have no hard requirements, we ask that you use your better judgment when applying for Team Super Collector. The comments above are rough guidelines only. We are looking for variety, quantity and obvious dedication. We also want to know why you are such a die hard collector of your team. We want to know what separates you from other Team Collectors. We will need a clear description of your collection when applying. Please answer the questions below at a minimum. Remember the more thorough you are the more likely you are to obtain "Team Super Collector" Status

How many unique base cards.

How many unique players.

How many Game Used cards?

How many Autos, Inserts, Parallels, odd balls, Jerseys, Sticks, etc, etc (basically anything with you teams logo on it).

We would also like to see a “group” photo or two (or three) showing off the mass of your collection, with you in them preferably.

As always, being in good standing on SCF and site activity are very important requirements to us, so please keep that in mind should you apply.

To reiterate, we don’t want to tell you what makes a Team Super Collector, you tell us what makes you a Super Team Collector! We look forward seeing to your submissions.

We are now accepting applications. Please fill out this form.

A decision will be made by a vote of the Moderators on the SCF site. Please allow a couple of weeks for us to make a final decision.

Please read this SCF Article explaining what a Super Collector is.

Good luck to all who apply and thanks for your continued support of SCF!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Minnesota Twins Minnesota Wild Minnesota Twins
    See hollywood_42's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Super pumped to see this live! Not sure if I am quite and Super Collector status with my Twins collection yet, but I'll definitely be collecting some data and applying soon!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See no page's Items on eBay

Looks like too much emphasis on current cards - rookies, GU, autographs. What about us real vintage collectors? For instance, i collect Yankees, and i have EVERY 1948-1955 Bowman, EVERY regular 1951-1980 Topps, EVERY T205/T206/T207 tobacco cards, EVERY Diamond Star, 95% of ALL Goudeys, EVERY PlayBall, and a big big bunch of other Yankee cards from 1904 thru 1980. I also have a lot of cards from 1981 thru current, but limit myself to just what i like from those years so this cuts down my overall number of cards and cuts down my number of GU and Autographed cards. Based on number of cards and number of GU and Auto's i probably wouldnt qualify as like the example given above, but based on what i have from 1904 thru 1980 i am truly a SUPER collector. Oh well.

Baseball Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Pistons Detroit Lions Detroit Red Wings
    See cramkd117's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Looks like too much emphasis on current cards - rookies, GU, autographs. What about us real vintage collectors? For instance, i collect Yankees, and i have EVERY 1948-1955 Bowman, EVERY regular 1951-1980 Topps, EVERY T205/T206/T207 tobacco cards, EVERY Diamond Star, 95% of ALL Goudeys, EVERY PlayBall, and a big big bunch of other Yankee cards from 1904 thru 1980. I also have a lot of cards from 1981 thru current, but limit myself to just what i like from those years so this cuts down my overall number of cards and cuts down my number of GU and Autographed cards. Based on number of cards and number of GU and Auto's i probably wouldnt qualify as like the example given above, but based on what i have from 1904 thru 1980 i am truly a SUPER collector. Oh well.

it's says rough guidelines, feel free to submit what you have!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See nomad23's Items on eBay

Hi! This sounds like fun, and I'll probably submit my application. However, the form that we're asked to fill out refers to the "Sport of the Player collected" and the "Name of the player collected," instead of the "Team collected." Is there a different form to be used when applying to be a "Team Super Collector"?

Thanks.

-- Noel

Baseball Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Pistons Detroit Lions Detroit Red Wings
    See cramkd117's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Hi! This sounds like fun, and I'll probably submit my application. However, the form that we're asked to fill out refers to the "Sport of the Player collected" and the "Name of the player collected," instead of the "Team collected." Is there a different form to be used when applying to be a "Team Super Collector"?

Thanks.

-- Noel

Noel, that is the standard form we use for all supercollector application. Just mark the sport and put in your team where it says player

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See nomad23's Items on eBay

Thanks very much for the explanation. I'll submit my application later this week.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See schwood's Items on eBay

What does Beckett constitute as a true rookie card? Is it a card that has the RC logo on it, or is there some other indication I should go by. I only ask as I think there are going to be more than the 1000 or so indicated in the Red Sox. There are a lot of guys with a lot of RC logos on them. Are Bowman First cards considered rookies as well? I am working through my collection, and my rookie numbers seems pretty high compared to what I would have thought it would have been. And if I have let's say a Topps RC, with like 5 parallels of that card, is that considered 6 unique Rookie cards? Just making sure for my counts and such. Thanks. I have been wanting to do this with my Red Sox collection for a long time anyway!

Also, I imagine the numbers from Beckett do not include all of the cards of all of the guys on the team that have cards from other previous teams. I can't see how they could come up with a number like that. Anyway, not worrying about that as I only collect stuff in the Red Sox uni! Thanks again.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Minnesota Twins Minnesota Wild Minnesota Twins
    See hollywood_42's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

I second the question about RCs/Bowman Firsts, as well as if parallels count as RCs

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

I second the question about RCs/Bowman Firsts, as well as if parallels count as RCs

i always just use the inventory on here and check if its noted as a RC or not.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast