Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays NULL
    Twitter: @@TheJMCole See mikescards141's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Show and Tell New Game worn addition and the rest of the collection

Figured if I was going to do a Show and Tell today I should probably show a few more items I haven't shown on here before as well.
    Almost two years ago I bought my first Game Worn Jerseys, with of course my focus to be on players from Newfoundland and Labrador. I started off buying 8 jerseys, 7 that I kept and one as a gift for my father:

NHL Michael Ryder 2009-10 Set Three Home Boston Bruins

NHL Adam Pardy 2008-09 Set One Home Rookie Jersey Calgary Flames

NHL Colin Greening 2010-11 Rookie Jersey Home Ottawa Senators

NHL Doug O'Brien 2005-06 Rookie Jersey Home Tampa Bay Lightning (Recycled 2004-05 Lockout Year)

ECHL Dan LaCosta Dayton Bombers Away

ECHL Robert Slaney Reading Royals Home

ECHL Robert Slaney Cincinnati Stingers

The next jersey I purchased was a Meigray Grab Bag and picked up an NHL Dan Hamuis 2006-07 Away Set Three and Playoffs Nashville Predators (Not pictured--Will add scans in the next day or so...)

I didn't buy another jersey until the next Meigray Grab Bag.
    I was a little surprised when I ended up with two of the lower end jerseys in the draw, however both were Toronto Maple Leafs Jerseys and one was a Fighter that had tons of marks, burns and repairs for rips and tears.

First was a Josh Holden Away 2002-03 1st Set Toronto Maple Leafs
    (Not Shown Before)

Second a Paul Healey Home 2002-03 1st Set Toronto Maple Leafs, the jersey is great because of all the repairs and marks
    (Not Shown Before)

After the Grab Bags I went back to trageting specific players my next purchase was two more Maple Leafs jerseys, only this time for a PC Player
    Jonas Gustavsson 2010-11 Home and Away jerseys

After that I lucked out as I found within two weeks of each other two Dan LaCosta jerseys the first was and AHL Syracuse Crunch Third Jersey

And then his First NHL Jersey Columbus Blue Jackets

I went away from my PC Players for my next purchase as I found a Jersey for a player that I liked a lot from a Game that I was at.

In the 2007-08 Season the Edmonton Oilers held a game for Tickets for the Troops I had the pleaure to be at the game and in the presence of a few thousand members of the Canadian Forces from all three branches although mostly Army.

The Oilers went on to win the game 3-2 in a shootout against the Chicago Blackhawks. The jerseys from that game went up for auction tagged specifically for that night and with a reference for Tickets for the Troops. While I normally wouldn't get a Game Worn auto'd this one came from the team this way
    NHL Ladislav Smid 2007-08 Navy Promotional Game 11/24/07 (Meigray number E00314)
    (Not Shown Before)

Finally and the main reason for my Show and Tell is the Jersey I had show up today. As I said at the beginning of this S&T I began this little collection concentrating on Players from Newfoundland and Labrador. But with an added importance of trying to add jerseys for the four players who played in the NHL and AHL that were all born in Labrador City, my own home town. While I found the three Dan LaCosta jerseys above, I found this little bad boy the other day and it made the purchase yesterday. The Jersey arrived in less than 24 hours travelling from Vancouver to Spruce Grove. THe Canucks it seems don't like to waste time when it comes to shipping stuff, unlike when they try to make trades.

2013-14 Away Jersey Pascal Pelletier (Very Light wear) used in games against the Boston Bruins and the Montreal Canadiens.

I could not believe how fast the Vancouver Canucks organization delivered this jersey. It was literally less than 24 hours and they FedEx tried to make its first delivery. Even after I went and picked it up it was still less than 24 hours from the time I placed the order. I was really impressed and now have another piece for my collection.

Thanks for checking out a very long show and tell, hope you enjoyed. Comments welcome.

Mike

SCF Rewards
    Country

Great show Mike, I didn't know you were a closet Smid fan ;)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Great show Mike, I didn't know you were a closet Smid fan ;)

Solid stay at home defenseman. Was a heart and soul player that I couldn't understand why the Oilers traded him when they were openly talking about the problems they had with players not competing and Smid did it every night. Might be Czech born but he is an Edmontonian all the way. He was at the Esks game last week and was signing autos for fans.

Never should of traded him...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bojo604's Items on eBay

Nice Newfoundland collection!,the LaCosta Blue Jackets jersey is pretty impressive considering he only played in a handful of games, nice finds

SCF Rewards
    Country

Insain pickups verg jealous lol. How do you get the grab bags

SCF Rewards
    Country

Watch the Meigray website they usually do two a year. One during the Megray Expo and one later in the year. The Summer sale (Which is on now) is also a great time to look at potential purchases.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Awesome show and tell. Agree 100% with you about Smid too. Did not understand why they would move the only decent stay at home guy they had.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors
    See hossa18sens's Items on eBay

Very cool show Mike. Congrats on the PC additions

SCF Rewards
    Country

Cool thank you for the information. I had no idea.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Very impressive show! Thanks for sharing!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast