Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Got another 8x10 return in today's mail-

Dirk Nowitzki -

Loved this picture when I found it with the beard. Asked him to sign in silver exactly where he signed. Great player, who is great to fans.

I have been slow on getting back my ROMLBs. I hope to start getting some of the remaining outstanding ones back soon.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Going through withdrawals waiting for some ROMLBs to be returned. Have 15 outstanding.

But I did get a nice return in today's mail-

Lou Lamoriello - Signed NJ Devils Puck. He added the HHOF 2009 inscription as I requested -

I'm a NY Rangers fan, but I certainly can respect what he did with a fraction of the money my team and other teams spent over the last 25 years. One of the best at his job, over any of the major team sports.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Last 2 days brought me a very mixed bag of

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly-

Start off with the good-

Tony Perez signed baseball -

he didnt add HOF inscription, but Im always very happy to add a HOF I didnt all ready have in my collection-

Next up, The bad-

Got my 2 photos returned back from Peyton Manning unsigned, with a crappy pre-print inside. I was expecting it though, since I saw all the recent items sent getting a very quick return with items unsigned-

Anw on to the Ugly.....

I sent a 1993 Official World Series Baseball to Joe Carter in mid- August. I didnt see at the time of sending that he required a donation, so I didnt send one with the ball. I had a tracking number from the USPS, and it showed it was delivered 3 days after I sent it to him. After no return for a month and a half, I figured I would send him a note and a check, and hope he still had my baseball, and would sign it since I sent the donation check.

Well a week after sending check, I got this in the mail-

Not very happy. I got a good deal on the 93 WS ball, but I cant get another one at nearly that price to resend another one. The tracking number showed it was delivered. So either the USPS or Mr Carter are doing me wrong here. Im on the search for another good priced unsigned 93 WS ball so I can resend it with the check this time.

I guess I can always hope the balls turns up under a stack of other items in his house, and I get it back signed, but im not holding my breath for sure.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Was away on vacation last week in Cancun, Mexico. Came home last night to the following 3 returns in the mail-

Josh Hamilton - ROMLB

Dick Van Dyke - ROMLB ..... I'm a little worried about this one though. I read that over the last year he was signing his mail, and before that he was hit or miss with mostly secretarial signature returns. I have heard mixed opinions on this baseball over the last day if it is legit or secretarial. It looks great compared to many available signatures, but that also could be due to there being years and years of the secretary sigs out in the market place.

Bob Barker - 8x10

SCF Rewards
    Country

very nice returns! Gotta love Bob Barker!

Justin

SCF Rewards
    Country

Slow disappointing no return TTM week for me.

But today Former NY Giant George Martin was at a local supermarket by my house today. He played his whole career with the Big Blue, and was a member of the Super Bowl XXI Champs. I'm a life long Giants fan, so always happy to add the players I watched as a kid to my collection.

Got him on (2) 8x10s, and added him to a pennant I started back in 1990, and a mini helmet I started in the mid-90s.

He couldn't be a nicer guy. He just kept my opinion going that Football & Hockey players that played in the 80s & 90s are the nicest guys around when meeting them.

Here are some pics of the items-

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

McCovey

Thanks. It is tough for me to pick out my favorite piece I got at the estate sale. Love the bat, and Leo ball, but as a Mets fan with a orange & blue painted man cave the Wright picture framed all ready nicely might be the winner for me.

That McCovey bat would take the cake for me, especially since he is such a tough signer! If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for the lot?

SCF Rewards
    Country

That McCovey bat would take the cake for me, especially since he is such a tough signer! If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for the lot?

The estate sale lot was $450.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Been in a slump with getting TTM returns back. Still got 11 or so ROMLBs Im waiting to hopefully get back.

But the slump was broken with a TTM return yesterday. Got a signed Brett Hull St. Louis Blue puck back. He is one of the greats of his sport, and one of my favorite players that I watched -

He added the requested HOF 2009 inscription. Im very happy to be able to add this to my collection.

Now I hope to get a baseball or 2 back next week.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Got another puck return today. This one from Bobby Hull. He added the HOF 1983 & The Golden jet inscriptions I asked for. Puck looks great. Last week I got a puck back from his son, Brett with HOF 2009. Awesome back to back returns from this father / son legendary duo --->

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast