Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards

Thomas is finally out!!!

Larry Bird did what he should have done 7 weeks ago and fires Isiah Thomas. Rick Carlisle, who never should have been fired in Detriot will soon come back to work with Bird.

Fine move my Bird here, the Pacers never could get anything going under Thomas, so hopefully Carlisle will be do a much better job...

SCF Rewards
    Country

The thing is the players liked Isiah and was one of the main reasons Jermaine O'Neal came back to Indiana. He said he would only play for coach Thomas in Indiana. But Carlisle will be a fine replacement.

SCF Rewards

Carlisle is a fine coach, I agree!

wouldn't it be something if the Pacers had a BETTER record than the Pistons this coming season?

would show just how good a coach Carlisle is

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I have a major problem with this.

1. Did Larry Bird take into account the relationship the players had with Isiah Thomas? NO!!!

2. Does Larry Bird have a personal agenda against Isiah Thomas? YES!! It goes back to their playing days. Those days have long since ended, so why can't Bird reconcile those issues? The Pacers didn't have a losing record under Thomas, but they couldn't get past the first round of the playoffs. I seem to recall that the Pacers didn't go too much further than that when Bird was on the bench.

Watch. If Detroit gets off to another bad start, Isiah will land there, just like his old teammate Laimbeer's coaching the WNBA Shock. Dumars won't hesitate to call on his old pal Isiah at the first sign of trouble. If that happens, the Pacers-Pistons games this season will be interesting, but certainly not boring!
    "You can't have an oversight committee on stupidity!"--Woody Paige, "Around the Horn", 2/11/08

SCF Rewards

actually, when Bird was coaching the Pacers...

they made it to the NBA Finals vs the Lakers in 2000.

It was the closest Finals the Lakers has during their 3-peat.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You think if Detroit has a bad start, they will fire Larry Brown? I doubt that very much.
    Last edited by zagrid; 08-31-2003 at 10:52 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The Pacers SHOULD have a better record than the Pistons. They have more talent and a better team.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Celtics New York Giants
    See sportsseller24's Items on eBay

When Bird got coach of the year Carlisle was basically coaching unofficially for Bird just Bird got th Credit. I will bet 250 CC with anyone, or a $40BV card that the Pacers have a better record this year then the Pistons.

Anyone who wants that bet pm me!
    :-)