Thread: Question of the day??

Question of the day??

Why do I constantly see people who buy big $$ cards off of Ebay, only to turn around and trade it right away?? Some people even want to trade the card before it even arrives??
    If you buy a card for $50, only to trade it for another card that sells for $50, why not just buy that other card in the first place. (the one you traded for)
    Doesn't that make much more sense???
    Maybe I'm crazy, I don't know, but I don't buy stuff off Ebay unless it's either for my PC, or as a possible investment (RC that may Skyrocket....ect.)
    Can someone please elaborate this "Trade bait" theory. I just don't get why someone would buy a big $$ card specifically to trade it (unless they got a complete steal on it)
    Don't get me wrong, I have bought cards that I later decided not to keep, so I either traded or sold them, but I just never understood why somone would spend money on a high end card with the intention of trading it.

Just an example, and this is totally made up, but I've seen this kind of post.

POST: Just got this bad boy in, picked it up of Ebay, payed $150 for it.
    Looking for a Jeter, Manning, or Arod auto.

OK, why not spend the $150 for a Jeter, Manning , or Arod????

????? Just eliminate the middle man!!!

Sorry, just my ramble for the day!!

2. Check out the Auctions from Packrip.com
    i agree
    these people tend to make me think humanity may not make it....jk lol

I buy lots sometimes just to trade them for my needs,with no intention of ever keeping them.I guess my logic is "if I'm going to trade I'd better get more cards and more names to trade".But yeah I dont understand buy it just to trade it unless it was a card you knew someone wanted for your wants.But think of it this way ,If people didnt buy them to trade them here then we wouldnt have a shot at it unless we bought it.Just my 2cent

Better question: Why get in a bidding war on there with millions of others when there's plenty of people on here offering to sell items off their bucket (like me)? Then you have to deal with an unknown entity who may have 20 or more negatives and only E-Bay (doesn't) has your back if they screw you? Just shop on here and OFFER what you'd enter as a snipe bid on E-Bay- you get an INSTANT yes or no, and then can move on...