Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry I am the maddest I have been in a long time.

Ok here comes my story.

I had went to my Kmart today hoping to pick up a few packs of cards. Ok then when I get there there was someone who was looking at the cards. (Very rare for my area.) Then next I go into the card area (blocked by a display of Hot Wheels cards.) Then I notice the guy is looking at a full box of 2001 American Pie, looking at the game-used-insert ratio. Then next of all he starts feeling the packs. I had learned from you guys on here about these "feelers". Then he starts searching the packs, and I go there almost every day and this was the first time in 5 years collecting cards I had seen someone feeling the packs. This got mme sooooo mad. Then I went back and watched him and he just kept on doing it. Then finally when he left, he had atleast three packs with him. ( I could tell what the were: 2002 Topps Heritage Football, the american Pie, and 2002 Ovation football.) Then when he left, I went back in the aisle and saw he had only searched those boxes because I was watching him. Then when he left, I just plain gave him a dirty look and called him a pack feeler. Whenever I get my packs before I would get the thicker ones because of the less chance of being searched. But now I am never gonna buy single packs at my Kmart again because of this bozo. Thank god the guy only had enough time to search the three boxes. And my final thing to say, I have gotten most of the good baseball stuff from there (without searching) and I have had better luck with the value boxes than the packs because of these bozos.

If you read this, thanks and please tell the experiences you have had like this.

P.S. I am still in a bad mood.

P.P.S. That guy had to of searched the other boxes cuz I have gotten junk out of them.

P.P.P.S The good boxes are 2001 Donruss Studio.

Sorry to hear about that.

That's why I don't buy single packs anymore from stores like Kmart or card shops where I don't know the guys.

I've never run across somebody feeling packs but if I ever did the guy wouldn't be able to feel packs again.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

I've run across it before. Some guy had 22 packs of 2002 UD Football scattered on an unopened register. He searched them all at left with two packs.

Tim

what you should have done is made a huge fuss, speaking out very loudly:

HEY, WHAT ARE YOU DOING OPENING THOSE PACKS.

YOU CANNOT OPEN THE PACKS, THAT IS STEALING.

keep it up as you attract more and more attention.

that should get the idiot leaving really soon

Originally posted by podstock
    what you should have done is made a huge fuss, speaking out very loudly:

HEY, WHAT ARE YOU DOING OPENING THOSE PACKS.

YOU CANNOT OPEN THE PACKS, THAT IS STEALING.

keep it up as you attract more and more attention.

that should get the idiot leaving really soon
    That's a great idea. He'd look like a deer staring at the headlights. He'd run away, too. I have to try that, though I've only seen it once.

Tim

Yeah, Pod I should of done that. I was just so mad that I wasnt thinking.

I only buy packs from my local card shop. They may be a little more than Walmart, but I have had excellent pulls there so far. They seem to be very honest with me, and I like their staff.

I hate hearing stuff like this, not because I really buy anything at Wal-Mart/Target etc...but I know who typically does : kids. And, these kids don't have a lot of money to blow on cards like I do. So, when they save up their hard earned money and buy a few packs here and there, they should have a fair chance at getting whatever bonus cards are in that set. The guy who feels the packs and basically steals the good ones is one step removed from a petty crook. I would love to encounter one of these guys in a store doing this, since I am certain I would make his pack feeling days a bit less enjoyable. But, the blame has to fall on the stores, and unfortunately, the only way around this is to put the packs behind a counter. I noticed my local Wal-Mart does that now, and no one seems to be buying them...

You guys have had some great ideas, next time if I see that jerk again, I'll scream and make a big fuss.

at my local wal mart they have all of the packs in a case and there is a tag saying you must take the cards from the top... i rarely buy packs though beacuse it is like running through a jungle trying to find someone that actually has keys to unlock it... you wouls think whoever is working in the toys would have a key but never happens... although the people that work in my wally world look like they came out of a box so they prolly dont know how to work keys

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast