Detroit Lions fans, check this card out

http://cgi.ebay.com/2006-Donruss-Eli...QQcmdZViewItem

Amazing. First one I've ever seen. I was all set to bid on it (even though I can't afford it) when the price about doubled in the last minute.

These cards basically just don't exist. So, in it's own way, this is probably more of a White Whale for a Lions fan than something from Barry.

(For the youngsters that need a history lesson, believe it or not, the Lions of the 1950s were like the Patriots were a few years ago, winning multiple championships. Bobby Layne, a Hall of Famer, was like their Tom Brady.)

2. Check out the Auctions from Packrip.com
    That is VERY cool. Just about as cool as a Jim Thorpe Jacket/Patch.

I have wanted to pick up old Layne cards from the 50s. They are usually reasonable graded by PSA but I just don't have the time to focus on a collection though.

There aren't too many "Historic Greats" from the Lions. I can think of maybe 5 that I would consider or at least want an Auto/GU from. (Layne, Sims, Sanders,.......maybe Speilman if he never went to Cleveland)

I think it will actually be FUN to be a Lions fan this year. The years past have not been too fun. I could ramble forever about the Lions so I will spare any future viewers of this post.

Nice card though. Amazing it sold so high.

Thanks
    Mike

Lions shoul be good this year .... I live in chicago now so hopefully theyll beat the bears once so i dont get harrased again..... None the less thats an awsome card i saw one with a yellow swatch but i couldnt get it because it was in a guys PC

Quote Originally Posted by Dillywill
    Lions shoul be good this year .... I live in chicago now so hopefully theyll beat the bears once so i dont get harrased again..... None the less thats an awsome card i saw one with a yellow swatch but i couldnt get it because it was in a guys PC

Ha I'm just the opposite live in Michigan but I'm a bears fan.