Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ryangmillard's Items on eBay

1966 pirates ball? Clemente sig? what do you think?

I haven't been here in a while but was excited when my mother gave this to me. It was left to us by here god father when he passed. First....here is a link to the pictures.

http://s980.photobucket.com/user/toohardtobme/library/

I have verified a lot of sigs on the ball such as...
    Luke Walker pitcher for the Bucs
    Clyde King long time player for multiple teams went on to be the Bucs pitching coach and later to the NYY front office.
    Wilbur Wood with Bucs from 1964-1966 pitched 300 innings per season came in 2nd for cy young in 1972
    Andre Rodgers 1965-1967 first Bohamian in MLB
    Dave Roberts 1966 was last year in majors. This puts this ball at no later than 1966.
    Pete Mikkelsen 1966-1967 relief pitcher
    Bub Purkey 1954-1957 and 1966 came in 8th in MVP voting in 1962. Pitched 3rd game of 1961 W.S. vs the NYY. Complete game 3-2 loss gave up solo HR's to Johnny Blanchard and Roger Maris in the 8th and 9th.
    Hal Smith-A Coach from 1965-1967, was an all star as a player for the cards in 1957 and 1959
    Donn Clendenon--In 1962 batted 302 7 HR and 28 RBI came in 2nd in ROY to Ken Hubbs
    Al McBean--pitcher
    Don Cardwell--first pitcher to throw a no-no in first game after being traded. Traded to the mets in Dec. of 1966 and helped them win the 1969 W.S.

Roberto Clemente ( I hope) 1966 MVP
    Check out the pics and let me know what you think? Is it his sig? There are 14 sigs on the ball and as seen above I think I have figured out 11 that I am almost 100% sure of. The other 3 including the one I believe could be Clemente are giving me some trouble.

Thanks, Ryan

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @yazfan71

Only one that I couldn't figure out is the bottom signature on the first panel.

Panel 1
    Luke Walker
    Wilbur Wood
    Roberto Clemente
    Andre Rodgers
    ???

Panel 2
    Joe L. Brown (GM)
    Donn Clendenon
    Clyde King

Panel 3
    Don Cardwell
    Al McBean

Panel 4
    Dave Roberts
    Pete Mikkelsen
    Bob Purkey
    Hal Smith

Hope this helps.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ryangmillard's Items on eBay

Well thank you very much. I never thought to check the GM for a sig.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @yazfan71

Well thank you very much. I never thought to check the GM for a sig.

Glad I could help. If you send me a pic of that last signature on the first panel straight on, I can try & figure it out for you.