Howe sweet it is! Best card in my PC and some Lord Stanley's Mug pickups

As some of you may have seen in my previous shows, I've been working on the Lord Stanley's Mug master set ever since it was released, I've shown most of the set already in https://www.sportscardforum.com/threa...aster-set-show and https://www.sportscardforum.com/threa...e-Y-Mega-Patch ... made some more progress towards the set, it's now 98% complete with just 17 cards to go, and I've also been working on the Mega Patch 1/1's many of which are truly beautiful cards. I'll save the best for last so be sure to scroll all the way to the end for my new favourite card in my PC!

First, picked up 4 more autograph cards - I now just need one card (Tom Barrasso 90-91) to complete the epic 285 card auto set.

I love the variety of game used material that ITG uses for some of the vintage players in the Cup Winning Goal set, from skates to gloves, and here a nice piece of shoulder pads from Ted Kennedy.

A few Rivals pickups... Quads from 1972

And 6's featuring Detroit/Washington and LA/Montreal

I really like the Cup Holders subset, while ITG is limited to headshots, this is one of the nicest designs to feature them... here's the Flames Quad

From the Goalie Tandems set, Osgood n Hasek...

Finally completed the Ring Leaders subset with the Mahovlich...

The Conn Smythe Winners subset has been the toughest one for me, still need four more out of 46, Lidstrom and Giguere are my most recent pickups...

Finished one of my favourite subsets, the Legendary Cup Moments with this McCarty pickup

And last but not least for the regular subsets, the Henri Richard tribute cards are really sweet, especially the rival and teammate ones featuring the Pocket Rocket with some other great players, still need the ones with Cournoyer and Lafleur, but the Beliveau and Moore are nice additions...

Ok, now on to the 1/1's - first from the Auto/Memorabilia subset, I wasn't fond of these at first so I didn't really chase them, but as recent pickups for the main set have now become few and far between, I'm adding these whenever I can find reasonably priced ones... all decent two-colour swatches

And now to the stars of the show - the Mega Patch 1/1's. There are 110 cards in the set, and I'm trying to pick up as many as I can, up to 20 so far and always looking for more.

First a few with no player photos...

A couple Stars...

Ah, 1989, always wonder what could have been if Joel Otto hadn't kicked the puck in, in game 7 OT against the 'nucks...

A couple nice pieces of the Islanders dynasty, got outbid on a nice looking Bossy

Would love to pick up some more Habs, but a couple nice pieces here...

Just one member of the Oilers dynasty...

For whatever reason I've had good luck finding Wings - so many pretty swatches on these!

Just about there, but before we get to the first star, a really nice Bobby Baun - unlike every other card from Lord Stanley's Mug that is 100pt thick, the material in this card was ridiculously thick and burst out of the original card. It was apparently sent back a couple times to ITG, and they remade it so that it finally fits in a nice 180pt cardboard home.

And finally, I could not contain my excitement when I opened up this package in the mail. As much as I love my Sedin PC, this may be the one card that tops everything else I own... what else can I say... Mr. Hockey himself!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the home of the Daniel and Henrik Sedin Collection Hidden Content
    Most Wanted List
    14-15 Masterpieces Sawchuk Red Stick x/35, Barber Black Stick x/25
    Any Sedin 1/1 or game worn letter
    Any Lord Stanley's Mug 1/1

Awesome looking cards. Good luck finishing your master set.
    COLLECTING NY RANGERS
    Most Wanted: 1998-99 O-Pee-Chee Chrome Refractor 127 Ulf Samuelsson,
    Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content

WOW!!!!! The MacInnis is awesome...the Yzerman...the Howe....dang! VERY nice pieces. ITG's vintage stuff puts to shame everything any other manufacturer has made.
    Collecting: Eddie Giacomin GU and AU. PM me if you have any!
    WANTED: Giacomin 10/11 Lumbergraphs & 14/15 Cup Property Of

Well that was just an amazing show. Congrats and GL with the last few you need
    WTTF :
    Erik Karlsson/Marian Hossa/Billy Smith/Curtis Lazar Rookies

Hidden Content