Cool It will be almost impossible to top today's breaks...

TL;DR at the bottom!
    Payday and trips to the LCS...nothing better on this earth to me. Lately I have been on the fence about busting boxes and collecting in general...I was almost ready to pack my cards into boxes and leave them in the closet for a LONG time. Until today.
    Right away I knew I wasn't going to spend much. Usually I go in for 500 or so every payday to treat myself. today my budget was 200.

I settled on a box of 12-13 threads. I like the wooden rookie autos so why not?
    ...Noteworthy...
    -Chris Kaman base #ed 5/10...not bad for a base SP
    - Kyrie "floor general" rookie...not bad again...
    - rookie autos--Moe Harkless and Isisah Thomas. I've done much worse with the set. So good so far.

- Dolph Schayes "signage" on card auto. - pretty good hit. on card auto of a hall of famer...
    - Kyrie Irving "authentic threads" PRIME PATCH. WOW! Would have never thought I could hit a nice patch of Kyrie. Not in "threads" at least

really good box...I'm feeling the cards are talking to me so I bounce over to the 12-13 Limited...

--BOX 1--
    -Carlos Jenkins Die cut rookie auto---Who?
    -Z-BO "home-away" spinner relic...not bad i guess...
    -LARRY BIRD "CURTAIN CALL" PRIME PATCH #ed 10/10

---well, well, well...limited was finally nice to me...time to crack another....

--BOX 2--
    -J-Rich "lights out" jersey...not a bad pull...nice pinstripe in the jersey
    -Shelvin Mack Die cut rookie auto... never buying this crap again
    -Marcus Thorton "masterful marks" auto...i give up
    oh wait
    a bonus hit
    who could it be??
    -KYRIE IRVING ROOKIE AUTO REDEMPTION!!!

BOOM! I can't believe I hit the BROW (last week) and Now 2 Kyrie's!!!
    Can't get any better right?
    I'm just under my budget and I don't care at this point. more boxes are getting busted

-12/13 Timeless treasures---low risk high reward if you ask me!
    -Jared sullinger glass rookie auto redemption- not a bad pull, can't complain
    -Tyshawn Taylor glass rookie auto- not a good pull, can't complain...because of this...
    -KYRIE IRVING "PROMISING PROS" Jersey #ed to 149!!!!

HOW IN THE WORLD DID THAT JUST HAPPEN??? I BOUGHT NO LESS THAN 50 BOXES OF CARDS THAT YEAR AND NOTHING!!!!
    AND TODAY I PULL 3 KYRIES AND A SSP BIRD!!!

I know the Irving is "expired"...but unless they tell me what I want to hear AND deliver my card I WILL RAISE CANE! I spent tons since 12-13 stuff came out looking for Kyrie and I won't take kindly to a "redemption replacement"

TL;DR---Opens 4 boxes of 12-13 products, gets Kyrie auto, patch and jersey, and SSP Larry Bird Patch.

Thanks everyone for looking! I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I did busting it!
    Last edited by rocksaysits420; 11-01-2014 at 01:00 PM. Reason: member language

I'd say you did very good. Very nice hits on the bird and Irving. They should honor the redemption. thanks for sharing hte box breaks and keep them coming. If you happen to pull any Mavs inserts, I'd be interested

Wow, some sick pulls there! Enough to pull anyone back in the hobby.

FWIW, just to be precise, the Kyrie Threads card is simply a prime and not a patched prime. Panini has tried to stretch the definition of patch these days by lumping primes and patches in the same sets, but technically a prime is just any jersey card with more than one color, including multicolored jerseys with or without a patch, while a patch is just that - a piece of sewn/stitched patch on the player's jersey. The Bird is an example of that. The Kyrie doesn't have the stitching.

Some good hits congrats. As for your Kyrie Panini's redemption's say that expire but they really don't as they will honor them, I redeem them all the time as I open a lot of older product. Daniel
    My Photo Album
    Hidden Content
    Now Collecting: Chris Johnson, Current Titans, Michael Jordan,
    Hidden Content

Crazy hits and yeah, Panini should honor the redemption.

Quote Originally Posted by DunkingDurant35 View Post

FWIW, just to be precise, the Kyrie Threads card is simply a prime and not a patched prime. Panini has tried to stretch the definition of patch these days by lumping primes and patches in the same sets, but technically a prime is just any jersey card with more than one color, including multicolored jerseys with or without a patch, while a patch is just that - a piece of sewn/stitched patch on the player's jersey. The Bird is an example of that. The Kyrie doesn't have the stitching.
    Prime means patch and according to Panini, the trim of the jerseys is patchworthy. I know UD used to use the trim as patches as well but not as much as Panini. If prime meant multiple colors then jerseys with pinstripes would have to be prime too wouldn't they?

Really? If that is how card companies are applying the term these days, it isn't consistent at all with how patch is used regarding the context of clothing:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/patch

1.a. A small piece of material affixed to another, larger piece to conceal, reinforce, or repair a worn area, hole, or tear.

b. A small piece of cloth used for patchwork.

A small cloth badge affixed to a garment as a decoration or an insignia, as of a military unit.

I suppose if Panini or UD "decides" red is the same thing as blue, we have to go by the card company then, too? I'd prefer to go by what is true than whimsical thought dictated by folks like that.

Really? If that is how card companies are applying the term these days, it isn't consistent at all with how patch is used regarding the context of clothing:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/patch

1.a. A small piece of material affixed to another, larger piece to conceal, reinforce, or repair a worn area, hole, or tear.

b. A small piece of cloth used for patchwork.

A small cloth badge affixed to a garment as a decoration or an insignia, as of a military unit.

I suppose if Panini or UD "decides" red is the same thing as blue, we have to go by the card company then, too? I'd prefer to go by what is true than whimsical thought dictated by folks like that.
    I agree with you completely. They should make trim "patches" a whole new category.

Thanks for the helpful info everyone. I have looked at the card closely and there is a very small seam on the left side of the "patch"...looks to be the seam that attaches the arm-band to the jersey.

Oh my brotha, testify!

and to the OP, great story, enjoyed reading it and happy you finally got the cards you were looking to pull! I hope they honor your Kyrie redemption, looking forward to see that whenever it ships. Congrats. on your breaks!