Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Ice Preview cards in Artifacts

     
  1. #1

    Ice Preview cards in Artifacts

    I just picked up two boxes of Artifacts at Target today that had Ice Preview cards inside. Apparently its a 6-card set exclusive to Target. Anybody seen a checklist for these? I got Rask and Lundqvist, so I was wondering if they are all goalies?
    SHARKS and CAPITALS Fan +++ Tomas Hertl cards: 511 & counting Hidden Content ...... Hidden Content
    Whales: 03-04 Topps Pristine Die-Cut Gold Refractor #67 Sergei Gonchar (#/33)

  2. #2
    I know there's a Subban in the set as well. Not sure who else is there, though.
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 236 Unique Cards + 13 1/1's!!!

    2017-18 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Max Pacioretty, and Jonathan Drouin

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

  3. #3
    Here's the list:

    P-1 Sidney Crosby - Penguins
    P-2 Henrik Lundqvist - Rangers
    P-3 P.K. Subban - Canadiens
    P-4 Jonathan Bernier - Maple Leafs
    P-5 Jonathan Toews - Blackhawks
    P-6 Tuukka Rask - Bruins

    How was the Box break? I saw they were $29.99 at Target Canada and wondered if it was worth the money?

  4. #4
    Pretty typical for retail, I guess. First box, got nothing but the Rask Ice Preview and a single red parallel (Pacioretty/599). Second box, got the Lundqvist, three red parallels (Hedman, Seguin/599; Sproul/499), a Rookie Redemption card (Dallas) and a Frozen Artifacts jersey (Perron-blue). About $20 worth of cards for $50, but that is what you get with retail. Nothing special, but sure glad I bought that second box...
    SHARKS and CAPITALS Fan +++ Tomas Hertl cards: 511 & counting Hidden Content ...... Hidden Content
    Whales: 03-04 Topps Pristine Die-Cut Gold Refractor #67 Sergei Gonchar (#/33)

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharky94 View Post
    Pretty typical for retail, I guess. First box, got nothing but the Rask Ice Preview and a single red parallel (Pacioretty/599). Second box, got the Lundqvist, three red parallels (Hedman, Seguin/599; Sproul/499), a Rookie Redemption card (Dallas) and a Frozen Artifacts jersey (Perron-blue). About $20 worth of cards for $50, but that is what you get with retail. Nothing special, but sure glad I bought that second box...
    Not bad at all maybe UD will deliver value all year for us like this.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by MacDuff77 View Post
    Here's the list:

    P-1 Sidney Crosby - Penguins
    P-2 Henrik Lundqvist - Rangers
    P-3 P.K. Subban - Canadiens
    P-4 Jonathan Bernier - Maple Leafs
    P-5 Jonathan Toews - Blackhawks
    P-6 Tuukka Rask - Bruins

    How was the Box break? I saw they were $29.99 at Target Canada and wondered if it was worth the money?
    At $30 no chance. Artifacts retail can be a major killer (see post above) and even if you do get a hit or two out of it it's still not going to be rocking your world.
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 236 Unique Cards + 13 1/1's!!!

    2017-18 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Max Pacioretty, and Jonathan Drouin

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by RGM81 View Post
    At $30 no chance. Artifacts retail can be a major killer (see post above) and even if you do get a hit or two out of it it's still not going to be rocking your world.
    breaking wax is almost always a losing proposition. People do not do it expecting a positive return. We like a thrill and enjoyment from the hobby.

  8. #8
    Wow, that's a great second box. I broke some retail last year and it was a disaster; you got more in that 2nd box than my entire retail experience last year. Think I'll stick to the hobby boxes this year.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharky94 View Post
    Pretty typical for retail, I guess. First box, got nothing but the Rask Ice Preview and a single red parallel (Pacioretty/599). Second box, got the Lundqvist, three red parallels (Hedman, Seguin/599; Sproul/499), a Rookie Redemption card (Dallas) and a Frozen Artifacts jersey (Perron-blue). About $20 worth of cards for $50, but that is what you get with retail. Nothing special, but sure glad I bought that second box...

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by eliteco3 View Post
    breaking wax is almost always a losing proposition. People do not do it expecting a positive return. We like a thrill and enjoyment from the hobby.
    Spare me that empty platitude. While it's true to an extent most of the time, breaking Artifacts retail is far, far worse than most. Look at what the one poster said above. If you get a thrill and enjoyment from literally throwing away $30 for a single parallel /599 that's your choice. Think of all the cool things you can actually get with that $30. Go to the LCS and get 5-6 packs of UD1 and at least give yourself a chance at a viable YG hit. Go get three packs of Artifacts hobby and actually ensure yourself a hit or two. Find a sale at TRU, Target, Wal-Mart, or London Drugs and get yourself 2 or 3 blasters with products that have guaranteed hits. Go to eBay and buy a hard-signed auto of a good star player.

    There's a point where throwing out the cliche just to say it doesn't hold water. This is one of those products.
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 236 Unique Cards + 13 1/1's!!!

    2017-18 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Max Pacioretty, and Jonathan Drouin

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

  10. #10
    Agreed. The insert ratio's on retail artifacts has always been crap. Basically I think to myself, hmm, $30 for 50 base cards...... Nah.
    I collect Martin St. Louis on card auto's, and Buffalo Sabres
    2011-2012 Contenders NHL Ink Single Player Autos (62/63) as of 4-18-2015
    Need Jagr

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •