Thread: Hilarious yet sad

Hilarious yet sad

I find it funny and sad that some collectors on sites put stuff like "will trade for any *insert team name here* including base, or I'm 110% sure we can come to a deal I collect anything! And then when you msg them all excited that they have something you really want for your PC and they come back with " Sry, didn't see anything I can use". Its like, ok, then you might wanna change what your thread or sig says. I've gotten my hopes up twice in the last 3 days for PC cards and have got those kind of answers. If you don't actually collect base cards, why say that? And if you really aren't 110% sure you can come to a deal, again, why have that as part of your signature? End rant.

D

I hear ya man, I go through the same thing all the time. I just got back into trading and don't have anything new so most won't trade but I just move on and try again,lol.

On the other hand ....

Lets say that person that collects anything including base has a nice jersey or auto or whatever you want for your PC ... he might not want to trade for a ton of base for that card you want.

Same as the other member goes, sure, he is 110% sure he can make a deal with you ... but if you want card "X" for is worth $100, and you offer him 5 $20 cards for it .... he will not make that deal no matter what his signature says.

If I read between the lines from the OPs comments,this is what I believe happened. Want to move all your base for Canucks base, im sure it wont be a problem. Someone has a nice $100 PC card for your collection .... the other member is more than willing to make a deal with you ... if you have an equal value card to trade in return
    *** Main PCs - Luongo / Mrazek / Fleury***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Traders - Hidden Content

The member who collected base of his team was the one who offered me a card and said hed take anything including base of him team, so when I went through all my boxes and wasted my time listing about 300 base cards and about 50 inserts, he came back with there was nothing he could use. Now the thing that bugged me about that is I don't have a computer and I do everything off my phone so it took me a few hrs to list everything n then get denied the card he offered. The other guy who collects everything and 110% guaranteed a deal could be made had a $40 card and I'm gonna say about a $30 card. I have a ton of cards in my list that are those amounts yet he said he couldn't use anything. So does the 110% thing even make sense? Its false advertising as far as I'm concerned. He should change it to, I collect almost anything and I hope we can come to a deal Lol

Quote Originally Posted by canucksfan007 View Post
    On the other hand ....

Lets say that person that collects anything including base has a nice jersey or auto or whatever you want for your PC ... he might not want to trade for a ton of base for that card you want.

Same as the other member goes, sure, he is 110% sure he can make a deal with you ... but if you want card "X" for is worth $100, and you offer him 5 $20 cards for it .... he will not make that deal no matter what his signature says.

If I read between the lines from the OPs comments,this is what I believe happened. Want to move all your base for Canucks base, im sure it wont be a problem. Someone has a nice $100 PC card for your collection .... the other member is more than willing to make a deal with you ... if you have an equal value card to trade in return

Since it's easy enough to figure out who you're talking about, this is getting turfed. No call-outs on the board, please.
    Last edited by RGM81; 11-07-2014 at 10:40 PM.
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 236 Unique Cards + 13 1/1's!!!

2017-18 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Max Pacioretty, and Jonathan Drouin

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content