Thread: New Here, Hello Everyone

New Here, Hello Everyone

Hello Everyone,

I am a new to this site. I started collecting basketball cards when I was a kid and stop for a long time. Now I want to get back into it. I have been a sports fan all my life, but basketball is my favorite. My favorite team is the Sacramento Kings and I hope they make it to the playoff this season.

I am interested in getting back into basketball cards but not really sure what direction I want to go in. I have joined several group breaks and received different cards here and there. Can anyone provide some guidance and where to beginning and how to develop their basketball collections?

I would appreciate it.
    Thanks

First welcome to the site. Second for guidance first find something you are interested in or do some window shopping beforehand. Then when you decide which route you want to take we can offer suggestions on how the best way about going about that would be.

I'd probably suggest checking out the basketball section show and tell to see what other people have for a collection or what they collect to see if there is something there that you might like to copy or try.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Welcome to SCF! I had a similar situation, collected as a kid, stopped for a while, now back into it more than ever, however I fall into the football collector category. Collecting is much different when you get older. I used to just get backs from the local target or wal mart before learning that those are considered retail, and buying from a hobby store increases your chances of getting better cards. If you are a Kings collector, I would just look into buying some packs here and there and trading what you get for Kings cards. Or check out the Basketball buying and selling forum, and see if anyone is selling Kings cards. Best of luck with your collection!
    New York Giants Super Collector!!

Hidden Content for inserts and Hidden Content for GUs/Autos

Awesome. I have joined a couple of group breaks here and there and feels like that is the best way to get started. So far, I have completed a couple of trades from this forum and feels like I am getting what I want. Great experience so far from this forum. I am glad I joined.

Hey, Welcome to SCF. Thanks for Joining!

Matthew.
    RIP Buddy (2004-2016)