Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $70-90 or so to blow on a box

$70-90 or so to blow on a box

I got payed today (im 16 so this is a new kind of thing :) ) i was planning on stopping by out local card shop and getting something. I was thinking about asking for a deal on the Press pass SE or something. or the Sage ones are pretty nice. I am trying to not spend much more than my budget and was wondering what i have the best chance in getting a jimmy williams auto from or a vick auto if i dont want the draft. I am sort of getting back into trading (i am a major hobby addict, first sc's then yugi now PC games ect.) I really would like a jimmy williams auto. Just some suggestions would be awsome. i would prefer to not buy online so just some box ideas and not ebay links ect. Thank you
    -Tuffy

my honest opinion would be to go one ebay and buy 10 jimmy williams autos.

i waste 1,000's a year on boxes, never pull what i want. if you want a certian player, go buy the card for nothing. you can buy a box and get no autos at all, or even you pull one its junk most of the time, you like vick an williams? go get a nice collection of his stuff on ebay, its very affordable.

Dont you need a credit card for ebay? I have a paypal and i used my parents credit card to put $20 on it but i dont have a credit card to add to it and so i cant send anything to anyone. unless for ebay you dont need that.

I was about to go ahead and pick up 2 jimmy auto's for like $5 but i got nervous about not being able to pay the guy and stopped bidding

you dont need a credit card or paypal for ebay you can do money order or cash. Depends on what that person accepts of course. If you collect a player I would spend the money on that player. If not then buy something after you have read about it. dacardworld.com gives you all that stats on the hobby boxes so pick one that is right for you, I'm sure we can all recommend a box or two but it doesnt mean you are more or less likely to get what you want though

I think arkaneinc is offering good advice. If you want a Williams auto or a Vick auto, then that is what you should buy. If you spend $80 on a box, it is very likely that after you open it, you won't have a Williams auto, you won't have a Vick auto, and you won't have $80.
    Hidden Content
    Collecting #12 Randall Cunningham
    -Looking for 2005 Leaf Certified Materials Fabric of the Game cards (baseball or football)
    Hidden Content

allright. well then i will start ebaying looking for vick and williams. Again, what boxes would you guys reccomend. Not looking for anything spesific its just that i realized that my entire collection took up less than 10 pages of a 4 page card holder book.

I don't buy a lot of different stuff so I can't really suggest a particular box. It seems like everyone likes the various products Donruss puts out for football. Classics, Gridiron Gear, Leaf Certified Materials.
    Hidden Content
    -Looking for 2005 Leaf Certified Materials Fabric of the Game cards (baseball or football)
    Hidden Content

If you want good hobby boxes sivjosh had some very good suggestions and something i would add to the list would be sweet spot. something good out of those in your price range would be leaf certified materials which has a bunch of good hits every box. or just go on ebay and buy what you want (kinda anti-climatic though)...

...he has a point with just buying the crad off of ebay but you can't beat that feeling when you are busting open a box an then........

....and then you come out on the wrong end of "guaranteed 3 game-used or autographed cards on average."
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast