Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up PACK SEARCHER CAUGHT at local Target......wanted to FIGHT ME!'n

Sorry for the crappy video, but I felt he needed to be called out for what he was doing.

He told me to get out of face because he wasn't in the "mood".

After I stopped recording he put his packs up and got in my face telling me to get a "real cause".

He said he wasn't doing anything illeagle so I had no right to care. What a scum bag

Thought it it was really funny how he went from happy and waving to getting in my face.

Sorry but I really don't care about pack searchers anymore, if not him it would be someone else. I think it is a fight that can't be won, until the retail stores themselves actually care about their card sections this problem will never go away. I commend you for videoing it but this guy is nowhere near the worst offender I have ever seen, when you encounter a guy sitting crosslegged on the floor with packs all around him and a scale to weigh said packs this guy actually looks like a saint.
    Do something nice for someone everyday, it will pay off in the long run.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

What's funny is they go through all this effort and then you see the "hits" and they are junk........why bother?
    Only a youngster would appreciate some of the "hits' they get........ Bozos.

Quote Originally Posted by steel75 View Post
    What's funny is they go through all this effort and then you see the "hits" and they are junk........why bother?
    Only a youngster would appreciate some of the "hits' they get........ Bozos.
    totally agree. Most of the cards he is searching for our $1-3 jersey cards that are worth the price of the pack. The real gems in retail are low numbered parallels.

I'd be more alarmed that somebody would want to fight another person over a bunch of dollar jersey cards from retail....
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

I just more wanted to shame him for what he was doing, he knew it was wrong, that's why he got all defensive. I did what I did more on principle. Hope he got the message.

I agree with both sides of this discussion. we can all call out the pack searchers, but it is like a wave in the ocean, it keeps coming and there is a new wave (new searchers looking for a fast buck) coming right behind the last wave. I honestly think this is a good reason brick and mortar stores need to come back and if retail shops sell them, put them behind a counter with a little old lady managing the packs and not some yahoo who will pack search just the same. As that stands, I am sure it happens in some hobby shops as well. Case in point, I used to go to one that was an hour from my home and was the only one I knew of at the time. Well, for about a year of buying packs from there, my best hit was a Lee Evans hidden gems rookie auto. I actually bought 90% of an open box of Contenders one day and there was not even a scrub auto. That broke my cycle of buying from that place (they are now out of business). I found a new shop local and one just 20 mins away and they are both stand up sellers from what I have seen. I have pulled great cards from both places and now stay away from single packs from any retailer.

Yes. It is always better to buy sealed hobby boxes to assure they have not been searched or weighed. I am sure people still find a weigh to search sealed boxes for case hits. People are pretty low sometimes but there are far more upstanding people in this hobby. People will always be pack searching. Your best bet is to just avoid retail or if you have to break some of it, blasters.

In Australia, packets are stored where the can't be touched until you own them.
    On the other side, how do you know the storeman at the shop didn't go through them already ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast