Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Skeptical of the Cavs' title chances

Just watched the 2-7 Nuggets roll over the Cavs, in Cleveland. Ouch!

Notable problems:

- The team couldn't decide on an offensive set down the stretch. They were playing partly at the Nuggets' faster tempo (which they shouldn't have been doing) and partly in a more half-court style. By that, I mean it would look like they would try to set up half-court, but then guys would take quick shots and rush things. It was very disjointed. Pick a style and go with it: in this game, they should have slowed it down when the Nuggets started making another run.

- Rotation on defense sucks. The Nuggets were splitting apart the defense left and right.

- The Cavs' bench sucks. Other than Waiters and Thompson, there isn't much relief. Mike Miller is too old and injured. Some 2nd rounder named Joe Harris played a lot off the bench. This guy didn't look very good. He wouldn't get 20 minutes on any title team.

Some of these things may fall on Blatt. I understand a lot of these guys are young, but the offensive sets were awful, and they didn't make use of LeBron's or Kevin Love's best attributes. There's also no excuse for the pitiful defense. No team can play defense that badly and be a title-contending team.

I will say Kyrie took better shots in this game. That's an improvement.

Looking at how things are now, I'm doubtful this bunch can win a title, though. New coach, lots of young guys, and a bench lacking depth spells trouble. Even if LeBron and Love start dictating the context more, I'm not sure there's enough of a veteran presence or bench to keep things smooth come playoff time.

SCF Rewards
    Country

When LBJ came to Miami, he joined two mates with similar styles. They had played together on Team USA.
    And remember the supporting cast had played finals basketball or came to Miami as veterans, like Shane and Allen.
    This home coming is nothing like Miami, it's a real throw together team. With no experience anywhere.
    They are favs for the title according to bookies, but a team like this isnt going as far as they would like.
    Chicago, with Pau, are favs in the East for me, only full strength. Other than that they could go to the Finals, but the real Finals will be played in the West the week before.
    Next year, watch out, Cleveland will be far shorter favorites.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (5) Sports Card Freaks
    Country
    See andyg2350's Items on eBay

When do the Cavs play the Lakers? We could see Lebron and Kobe score 80 each judging by how well each teams defence is going.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Can't Kevin Love leave after this season? If so I bet he bails on the Cavs. Cleveland is too cursed to win anything. Though I'd add that the Cavs are lucky they are playing in the East so they still have a shot to make the NBA Finals. I don't think they could make it in the West how they are playing right now though.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See undefeated*'s Items on eBay

I don't expect them to be title contenders for another two seasons. That is, after this season and next. And that's assuming K-Love doesn't decide to go pull a Shaq and join the Lakers.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Rocksaysits420's Items on eBay

I don't even understand how they plan on keeping all these players on the team, KLove is do up for a big pay day, T. Thompson is prolly going to get more than he should , Waiters is prolly going to get paid as well, they have LBJ, Irving, and varajao locked up. so they're going to be trying to get role players in?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't even understand how they plan on keeping all these players on the team, KLove is do up for a big pay day, T. Thompson is prolly going to get more than he should , Waiters is prolly going to get paid as well, they have LBJ, Irving, and varajao locked up. so they're going to be trying to get role players in?

Yeah but they are set on cheerleaders. They have everyone at ESPN.