Hockey Hall of Fame Class of 2014: where it ranks among the best

The Hockey Hall of Fame welcomes six new members tonight in Toronto (8 p.m. EST; NHL Network). And it's easy to make the case that the Class of 2014—Rob Blake, Peter Forsberg, Dominik Hasek and Mike Modano, along with coach Pat Burns and referee Bill McCreary—ranks as one of the greatest of all-time.

Take a look at their resumes. They were all winners. Forsberg (1996, 2001) and Hasek (2002, 2008) both contributed to a pair of Stanley Cup champions. Modano (1999), Blake (2001) and Burns (2003) each won once. Incredibly, McCreary worked all of those Cup finals, except for 2008, emblematic of his excellence among his peers.

All tasted success internationally. Forsberg won Olympic gold in 1994 (scoring the legendary shootout goal that toppled Canada in the final) and 2006, along with a pair of World Championships (1992, 1998). Blake was part of the Canadian team that captured gold at Salt Lake City in 2002 and won two World Championships (1994, 1997). Hasek led the Czechs to a surprising gold medal at the 1998 Winter Games at Nagano, and Modano was part of the second greatest victory in American history, at the 1996 World Cup. McCreary officiated the Olympic gold medal games in 1998, 2002 and 2010.

http://www.si.com/nhl/2014/11/17/all...f-fame-classes
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

Country
    SCF Rewards

Transferred Feedback
    (75) Hobby Insider

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta

I love Peter Forsberg, if he got in, Lindros and Recchi should be voted in.