Thread: Doc Blanchard autograph card

Question Doc Blanchard autograph card

What's the deal with this card? I know the autograph was never fulfilled for the autograph redemption but Doc Blanchard died a few years after 2006 so why wasn't his autograph deal completed? Anybody know the story around this card or why he doesn't have autographs? Is this valuable? Any help would be appreciated if you know.

Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

I found a picture of the redemption card (not mine) if that helps to jog anybody's memory on the issue:

I had one of the redemption for this card and best I remember Blanchad became very ill about the time this product was released. An employee at Triple Cards in Plano Texas who was a huge Heisman collector contacted one of his children and she told him he was too sick to sign the cards.

The employee who was a friend of some of the guys at Donruss / Playoff at the time contacted them and explained that if you were trying to put this set of cards together at least you need a Blanchard card to fill in where that card was in the set. So Donruss agreed to send him a card with the no autograph in place of the auto, so he would have one for his set.

At least that is what I remember. I exchanged mine for a different autograph

Hope this helps.

I've got this card, and another from that years Contenders. Award Winners, numbered to 200.

Playoff told me pretty much just what ron said. That Blanchard was too sick to sign, and died without ever signing any stickers. They would have been the big silver stickers they used at the time.

Both have the "NO AUTOGRAPH" stamp, and both are worth about 5 to 10 bucks each to set collectors. They replaced both with other autos from the same sets. I got a John Lattner Award Winners /200, and a Cedric Benson Gridiron Kings /20 in exchange, as well as the NO AUTO stamped Blanchard cards.

At least Doc had a legit excuse for not signing his stickers.

Quote Originally Posted by ronfir View Post
    I had one of the redemption for this card and best I remember Blanchad became very ill about the time this product was released. An employee at Triple Cards in Plano Texas who was a huge Heisman collector contacted one of his children and she told him he was too sick to sign the cards.

The employee who was a friend of some of the guys at Donruss / Playoff at the time contacted them and explained that if you were trying to put this set of cards together at least you need a Blanchard card to fill in where that card was in the set. So Donruss agreed to send him a card with the no autograph in place of the auto, so he would have one for his set.

At least that is what I remember. I exchanged mine for a different autograph

Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by JWinn View Post
    I've got this card, and another from that years Contenders. Award Winners, numbered to 200.

Playoff told me pretty much just what ron said. That Blanchard was too sick to sign, and died without ever signing any stickers. They would have been the big silver stickers they used at the time.

Both have the "NO AUTOGRAPH" stamp, and both are worth about 5 to 10 bucks each to set collectors. They replaced both with other autos from the same sets. I got a John Lattner Award Winners /200, and a Cedric Benson Gridiron Kings /20 in exchange, as well as the NO AUTO stamped Blanchard cards.

At least Doc had a legit excuse for not signing his stickers.
    Thanks for the help guys. That was a great move by Donruss to send collectors the card to complete the set. Too many times you have a set with a card that doesn't get made and it just drives you nuts not having it.