Thumbs down Panini acknowledges even more problems with their Flawless product

http://www.beckett.com/news/2014/11/...less-mistakes/

Thirty-seven cards of five NFL players in 2014 Flawless have event-worn material mislabeled as game-used material on cards, according to Panini America.

The company announced the developments on Thursday as a result of its findings earlier this week that other cards in the product were mislabeled.

“This week’s experiences, while not ideal, have only strengthened our focus, our desire and our commitment to doing things the right way every time; mistakes happen, they’re part of any human process,” said a statement issued by the company. “We are truly sorry about these mistakes; but we are grateful that our collectors were able to shed the light on this issue to allow us to look deeper into what went wrong in the process. Our intent is always to get it right and properly identify whether a patch is event-worn or game-worn. We evaluated the ‘event-worn’ vs. ‘game-worn’ strategy on a number of occasions — and while this process is much more detailed — and have determined that this was a better scenario than just identifying every patch as ‘player-worn.’ As always, we are committed to making this right for consumers.”

According to the Panini announcement today, cards of Andrew Luck, Calvin Johnson Jr., Cam Newton, Joe Flacco and Ryan Tannehill were mislabeled in Flawless’ Patches insert. According to the company, they are:

— “Luck: Four total cards (three from the Patches Emerald parallel and one from the Patches Platinum parallel)”
    — “Johnson: 14 total cards (13 from the base Patches insert and one from the Patches Platinum parallel)”
    — “Newton: 17 total cards (two from the base Patches insert, five from the Patches Emerald parallel and 10 from the Patches Gold parallel)”
    — “Flacco: One card from the Patches Platinum parallel”
    — “Tannehill: One card from the Patches Gold parallel.”

The company said it is also looking into two other cards with mismatched swatches — three cards of Terrell Davis and Tajh Boyd. Any collectors owning these cards can email Panini America Customer Service via email at hobby411@paniniamerica.net. The company is offering to either buy back the cards, replace them with others of equal value or replace swatches with game-used material.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Two definitions, one defines what the product should be and the other is the reality of this situation:

flaw·less
    ˈflôləs/
    adjective
    adjective: flawless
    without any blemishes or imperfections; perfect.

EPIC FAIL
    Complete and total failure when success should have been reasonably easy to attain.

Maybe their next high end product should be named "Wardrobe Malfunction"

flickr: Hidden Content
    Just doing this for fun! Perspective! Galatians 6:9
    In memory of my son (my collecting buddy), Aaron 4/8/88-4/8/05

Your going to make those kind of "mistakes" in your super high end stuff, then I wonder what has already happened in the mid-level/low end stuff...........Panini makes me cringe at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by papaperk View Post
    Maybe their next high end product should be named "Wardrobe Malfunction"
    :sign0020:
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by steel75 View Post
    Your going to make those kind of "mistakes" in your super high end stuff, then I wonder what has already happened in the mid-level/low end stuff...........Panini makes me cringe at this point.
    I could not agree more. I have bought thousands of Panini product in the past few months for my store and it makes me sick.