2014 Topps Valor Retail/Hobby Question

Just wondering if anyone could clarify the difference between the hobby and retail base cards for the 2014 Topps Valor set. I am assuming it is a card thickness variation?

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Jeff
    8/15/13 -> STARTING to ORGANIZE/CATALOGUE MY VIKING PC - The pursuit of SuperCollector Status begins!! Autos = 219 GU/PATCHES = 201 NUMBERED = 302 PARALLELS/INSERTS = 479 BASE = 977 TOTAL = 2,178 Hidden Content

Yeah, it only seems to be the thickness which I can't understand why they would even do that.

I collect Kordell Stewart, Earl Campbell, Deacon Jones, Fred 'The Hammer' Williamson and Steelers cards.
    Working on 1968 & 1969 Topps Football sets and 1980 Stop 'n' Go.
    Hidden Content

Stephen:

Thank you for the reply. I figured that was the case but wanted to be sure as I acquired a mixed lot with differing thicknesses.

Thanks again,

Jeff
    8/15/13 -> STARTING to ORGANIZE/CATALOGUE MY VIKING PC - The pursuit of SuperCollector Status begins!! Autos = 219 GU/PATCHES = 201 NUMBERED = 302 PARALLELS/INSERTS = 479 BASE = 977 TOTAL = 2,178 Hidden Content

Not sure if it's a thickness thing, but there are color differences on the backs.

LoQ:

Thanks for the response. It is my understanding that the retail version of the cards are thin and the hobby are thicker. I will check the color difference as I have some of each for the same players.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

Jeff

I did notice a little thickness difference handling them the other night. It's subtle to me though