Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Has anyone else opened damaged Game Jersey cards from 14-15 UD Hockey Series 1?

I have opened three different boxes of 2014-15 Upper Deck Hockey Series 1, and in each of the boxes, 1 of the 2 Game Jerseys included were damaged on the center top of the card. I'm pretty sure all 3 boxes came from the same case, as I bought them from the same LCS. I'm not sure how the process works, but I think they might have been damaged during the packaging process?

Has anyone else had the same type of damage to cards they have opened from the same product? I was just curious. Thanks.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes, lots of jerseys damaged at the top center like you mentioned. I broke boxes from multiple cases and noticed the problem throughout.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Have you ever got a jersey that was not damaged in some way???

Shipping will cost you more than the cards are worth....
    Sucks.

Buddy at LCS got a mangled jersey card too.
    Mine are just corner bent/worn..
    Last edited by KingKuba; 11-28-2014 at 07:42 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Maple Leafs
    Twitter: @Andy417 COMC Cards For Sale

Have you ever got a jersey that was not damaged in some way???

Shipping will cost you more than the cards are worth....
    Sucks.

Buddy at LCS got a mangled jersey card too.
    Mine are just corner bent/worn..

Not sure if you're serious or not. One part of me thought this was sarcasm because the jerseys are cut up. If serious though, then yes, I have received countless jersey cards over the last 8 or 9 years that were not damaged and recall 5 or 6 jersey cards which were creased in that time frame (all of which were not disclosed when making trades of purchases from various places).

Regarding Series 1, I was not aware of this so it's good to know. That is quite unfortunate. I thought of breaking this year but decided to wait for Series 1 next year.

SCF Rewards
    Country

This is what the damaged cards look like. As I said before, the cards were from 3 different boxes (same case), and the other Game Jersey in the box was unharmed. Not the end of the world by any means, but I was just curious as to if I just got my boxes from an unlucky case, or if others have had the same problem.

Attachment 87552

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not sure if you're serious or not. One part of me thought this was sarcasm because the jerseys are cut up. If serious though, then yes, I have received countless jersey cards over the last 8 or 9 years that were not damaged and recall 5 or 6 jersey cards which were creased in that time frame (all of which were not disclosed when making trades of purchases from various places).

Regarding Series 1, I was not aware of this so it's good to know. That is quite unfortunate. I thought of breaking this year but decided to wait for Series 1 next year.

Serious and joking.

Have 100+ jersey cards from 13-15...none would grade 9.5.....
    Just sayin

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jbogdan21's Items on eBay

Also seeing issues with cards straight from the packs. Multiple cards in different boxes had been in bad shape, including one of the jersey cards (top center... like you described). Assuming nothing can be done.
    ** MY CARDS ARE CURRENTLY IN STORAGE UNTIL 202 **
    ^^ Not a joke ^^Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've had the same problem with a couple of boxes. Some worse than others, but all of them had at least slight damage. Pretty disappointing.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (63)
    Country
    See jc-card-collectibles's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

The damaged one I pulled was a Glen Murray which was a improvement lol.