Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Ray Rice wins appeal and is eligible for reinstatement

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...-reinstatement

Former Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice has won his appeal of an indefinite suspension and has been reinstated to the NFL.

Rice is now eligible to sign with any NFL team.

"I would like to thank Judge Barbara Jones, the NFL Players Association, my attorneys, agents, advisors, family, friends and fans -- but most importantly, my wife Janay," Rice said in a statement released by the NFLPA on Friday. "I made an inexcusable mistake and accept full responsibility for my actions.

"I am thankful that there was a proper appeals process in place to address this issue. I will continue working hard to improve myself and be the best husband, father and friend, while giving back to my community and helping others to learn from my mistakes."

Former U.S. District Judge Barbara S. Jones, who heard Rice's appeal earlier this month, concluded in her decision, which was obtained by ESPN, that Rice did not lie to or mislead NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.

"In this arbitration, the NFL argues that Commissioner Goodell was misled when he disciplined Rice the first time. Because, after careful consideration of all of the evidence, I am not persuaded that Rice lied to, or misled, the NFL at his June interview, I find that the indefinite suspension was an abuse of discretion and must be vacated," Jones' decision stated.

"I find that the NFLPA carried its burden of showing that Rice did not mislead the Commissioner at the June 16th meeting, and therefore, that the imposition of a second suspension based on the same incident and the same known facts about the incident, was arbitrary," Jones also wrote.

"The Commissioner needed to be fair and consistent in his imposition of discipline.

"Moreover, any failure on the part of the League to understand the level of violence was not due to Rice's description of the event but to the inadequacy of words to convey the seriousness of domestic violence. That the League did not realize the severity of the conduct without a visual record also speaks to their admitted failure in the past to sanction this type of conduct more severely."
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

It would have been hard enough for him to get signed coming off of the worst season of his career. No way any team is going to be willing to take the flack of signing him on top of that.

Good for him, that man got rail roaded, what he did was wrong 100%. But he did a lot of good too. He came to my buddy wife funeral and signed a $5,000 dollar check to help him. None of that was ever on the news.
    Hidden Content
    -BECKETT SUPER COLLECTOR JULY 2006 ISSUE#196+NOV 2008 ISSUE #220 i collect Ed Reed,Ravens,Baltimore Colts+ nice stuff
    Hidden Content

Good for him, but the question is, what team is going to sign him?

My guess would either be the Giants or the colts. Both are in need of a steady RB.

RAY RICE IS A LOSER. Karma catches up with everyone and it will catch up with him too.
    I trade by book value & buy/sell by sell value but always factor in common sense. Collecting David Wright, Derek Jeter, Ben Roethlisberger & Hines Ward. Looking for vintage/autos of Graig Nettles, Terry Bradshaw, Lynn Swann, John Stallworth, Franco Harris, Jack Lambert, Rod Woodson and Superbowl/World Series MVP autos. Bucket - Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDude View Post
    My guess would either be the Giants or the colts. Both are in need of a steady RB.
    Seems like a move the Giants would make....but they aren't making the playoffs and would be better off losing out and getting a better draft pick in my opinion.

Pretty pathetic that Ray Rice is allowed to be reinstated and Peterson is not. The NFL is a joke and I am liking it less each year.

Quote Originally Posted by eliteco3 View Post
    Pretty pathetic that Ray Rice is allowed to be reinstated and Peterson is not. The NFL is a joke and I am liking it less each year.
    They probably figured nobody would sign Rice but somebody would sign AP

I could see the panthers going after either one next year

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast