2005 Leaf Certified Materials & 2012 Topps Value Boxes from Blowout Cards

I got my boxes today from Black Friday (I was surprised to get them this fast). I got lucky and was able to get the 2005 LCM for 39.99 the first time BO put them up and called it quits because I had a few projects to get don on the house. Here's the breaks:

2012 Value Box:
    Only notable cards were a Russell Wilson RC & a Robert Turbin base RC from the Platinum Hobby pack which I need for my set.

2005 Leaf Certified Materials:
    Notable base:
    Brian Urlacher
    Brett Favre
    Andre Johnson
    Marvin Harrison
    Fred Taylor
    Tony Gonzalez
    Eli Manning
    Donovan McNabb
    Ladainian Tomlinson
    Warren Moon
    Curtis Martin
    Steve Young
    Warren Sapp

Inserts:
    Certified Skills:
    Rod Smith #'d 501/750
    Daunte Culpepper Mirror #'d 72/500
    Joe Horn Red #'d 122/250

Gold Team:
    Edgerrin James #'d 582/750

Certified Potential:
    Steven Jackson Red #'d 118/250

Mirror White:
    Michael Clayton #'d 2/150

RC:
    Jerome Mathis #'d 486/1000

Terrence Murphy RC Event-Worn Relic #'d 1215/1499

Ronnie Brown Mirror Red RC Dual Event-Worn Relic #'d 123/150

Barry Sanders GU #'d 35/100

And the last hit.....

THERE WASN'T ONE!

This is the second order in a row I got shorted a hit in a box from Blowout. I wrote them an email explaining I've gotten shorted hits in back-to-back orders but I doubt they'll compensate me. I'm sure they have some kind of "contact the manufacturer for missing content" policy. It could have been worse - I could have paid full price instead of the sale price. Thanks for the read & good luck with your breaks.
    Last edited by mikec5000; 12-02-2014 at 09:45 AM. Reason: type-o
    I trade by book value & buy/sell by sell value but always factor in common sense. Collecting David Wright, Derek Jeter, Ben Roethlisberger & Hines Ward. Looking for vintage/autos of Graig Nettles, Terry Bradshaw, Lynn Swann, John Stallworth, Franco Harris, Jack Lambert, Rod Woodson and Superbowl/World Series MVP autos. Bucket - Hidden Content

2. Kronozio
    well. that barry sanders should make up a lil for the missing hit. decent break for the price, ;]
    collecting rookies auto game used of hall of famer or retired players all sports.

Wow, you got your order fast! Mine shipped out (from a different company) on Friday too via 3 day UPS and it isn't supposed to arrive til Wed.

Painini has been shorting hits for years, but again, who knows with the easy ability to re-seal products these days! The Sanders is very nice, and again it is always a gamble!

Thanks guys. Of course it's always a gamble. However, there's a big difference in breaking a box that has the advertised contents and they're not superstars and breaking a box that doesn't have the advertised content (mine happened to be the auto). If you're paying for a certain amount of content it should be in the product. The manufacturers should honor the QA burps in their products event if it's beyond a year after the release AND there shouldn't be an expiration on ANY redemptions IMO. That's where the whole missing hits/redemption expiration policies need to change. I don't do as much box breaking as I have in the past because of it. I rarely break products this old. I wasn't collecting in 2005 and decided to take a flyer on a product that has autos of guys I PC and thought $40 for a box that's usually $90 - $100 was worth it. As desertdogg wrote, the Sanders GU is a nice pull so it wasn't a total loss. Anyway, Blowout Cards addressed it. They seem to care about their customers (unlike the card manufacturers) so thank you Blowout Cards.
    Last edited by mikec5000; 12-06-2014 at 11:29 AM. Reason: type-o
    I trade by book value & buy/sell by sell value but always factor in common sense. Collecting David Wright, Derek Jeter, Ben Roethlisberger & Hines Ward. Looking for vintage/autos of Graig Nettles, Terry Bradshaw, Lynn Swann, John Stallworth, Franco Harris, Jack Lambert, Rod Woodson and Superbowl/World Series MVP autos. Bucket - Hidden Content