Enough Michael Sam cards already

I myself haven't pulled anything major of his just base rookie cards and such, but just because he is the first openly gay player who currently isn't even on a practice squad doesn't make me want to pull anything of his. I feel he doesn't even need to be in any product until he actually is on a team, I would feel cheated if he were one of my hits out of a box, I just think the novelty of being an openly gay football player does nothing for value and if he were actually good enough he would be on a roster somewhere. I am sorry if I offended the gay collecting community if there even is one but I just don't think a persons sexual preference should have anything to do with how many sets he is in, how many other non roster players have autographs and inserts in most sets.
    Do something nice for someone everyday, it will pay off in the long run.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

Do his cards still sell well? If so I wouldn't care about getting him as a hit. It would probably be better than most other players so I can't fault the companies for trying to get some press coverage and provide more value to the people buying boxes.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

I'd take an auto of his that has a bit of an upside than 9/10's of the rookie autos left over and are a sticker dump.

I collect Kordell Stewart, Earl Campbell, Deacon Jones, Fred 'The Hammer' Williamson and Steelers cards.
    Working on 1968 & 1969 Topps Football sets and 1980 Stop 'n' Go.
    Hidden Content

I would agree with you guys but just do a quick ebay search for his autograph and you will see most of them can be had dirt cheap.
    Do something nice for someone everyday, it will pay off in the long run.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content