Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1

    Senior Democrats Admit Regret Over Obamacare

    Not a shocker really. Democrats got all but run out of office primarily over Obamacare. Still now over half of Americans disapprove of it and barely more than a third approve. It must be a sobering thought to realize they had control of the House, Senate and White House for 2 years and their best output was a law that 5 years later the majority of Americans still don't like.

    A strange thing has happened on Capitol Hill. Senior Democrats who were vital in writing and promoting ObamaCare appear to be having a change of heart.

    First, there was Sen. Chuck Schumer, the upper chamber's No. 3 Democrat, who voiced regret about his party's misplaced priorities during President Obama's first two years in power, when they possessed a filibuster-proof majority.

    "Unfortunately, Democrats blew the opportunity the American people gave them," Schumer told an audience gathered at the National Press Club last week. "We took their mandate and put all of our focus on the wrong problem -- health care reform."

    The New York Democrat punctuated his criticism with the disclaimer that health care reform was nevertheless an important issue; it just should have been a bit farther down on the to-do list.

    "Americans were crying out for the end to the recession, for b1etter wages and more jobs, not changes in health care," he said.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...ver-obamacare/
    Last edited by duane1969; 12-04-2014 at 11:15 AM.

  2. #2
    Check out this tall tale from Kathleen Sebelius. I am sensing total BS here.

    Sebelius on Gruber: Never met him




    Former Health Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, in a recent interview, tried to downplay the role of controversial MIT professor Jonathan Gruber in the crafting of ObamaCare.
    Gruber, often called an ObamaCare “architect,” came under fire recently for videos where he claimed the law passed thanks to the “stupidity of the American voter.”

    ADVERTISEMENT


    ADVERTISEMENT


    Sebelius, who herself faced a backlash last year for the glitchy rollout of HealthCare.gov, said that despite being hired as a consultant for the bill, Gruber did not play a very important role in its creation.
    In the interview with USA Today, she also claimed they never personally met to discuss it.
    “Maybe he was in a large room; he could have been on a phone call, but in terms of small meetings, discussing policy, that never happened,” she said.
    The former Kansas governor worries that Gruber’s political “misstep” will detract from the ACA’s positives.
    “He was not author of the bill itself. He did not influence the members of Congress who actually wrote the legislation. He is making some headlines, which is unfortunate because I think he’s harming the very product that he helped to push forward.”
    Nevertheless, Sebelius seemed to echo some of Gruber’s views about the financial aptitude of Americans.
    She said terms like “deductible” and “co-pay” are “complicated” terms for a lot of Americans, and cited that confusion in the response to the law.
    “A lot of Americans have no idea what insurance is about,” Sebelius said. “I think the financial literacy of a lot of people, particularly people who did not have insurance coverage or whose employers chose their coverage and kind of present it to them, is very low—and that has been sort of a stunning revelation. It’s not because people hide it from folks. It’s because this is a complicated product.”
    Still, she said she is confident that focusing on universal health care was the right move.
    Gruber is set to testify before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee next week.
    On that hearing, Sebelius told USA Today, “I have no idea what Gruber is going to say, but frankly, I don’t think that it’s relevant in terms of what happened.”

  3. #3
    So Gruber played no significant role in the development, yet he was paid hundreds of thousands of dollars. So who is being impeached and indicted for paying him hundreds of thousands of dollars to just sit in a large room and be in on a phone call? Somebody defrauded taxpayers and they need to be prosecuted for it.

  4. #4
    So basically what Schumer is saying is that health care was important BUT because we couldn't count on the GOP to co-operate in getting us out of a recession we should have used our two year filibuster proof majority to focus on the economy. That's a valid point. Perhaps the President knew co-operation on fixing the health care system was impossible where co-operation on fixing the economy was a GOP priority too and could have happened. Unfortunately, co-operation of any kind was impossible.
    I am always looking for Habs cards seq #'d 24/xx
    Hidden Content

    I use pennysleeve, toploader with a decoy card, team bag and bubble envelope. No PWE's

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by habsheaven View Post
    So basically what Schumer is saying is that health care was important BUT because we couldn't count on the GOP to co-operate in getting us out of a recession we should have used our two year filibuster proof majority to focus on the economy. That's a valid point. Perhaps the President knew co-operation on fixing the health care system was impossible where co-operation on fixing the economy was a GOP priority too and could have happened. Unfortunately, co-operation of any kind was impossible.
    They didn't need GOP cooperation to do anything. They had full control. They chose to force an unwanted health care program on people rather than address the economic needs of the country that people wanted addressed. I give him credit for at least having the spine to admit that.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by habsheaven View Post
    So basically what Schumer is saying is that health care was important BUT because we couldn't count on the GOP to co-operate in getting us out of a recession we should have used our two year filibuster proof majority to focus on the economy. That's a valid point. Perhaps the President knew co-operation on fixing the health care system was impossible where co-operation on fixing the economy was a GOP priority too and could have happened. Unfortunately, co-operation of any kind was impossible.
    I love how liberals make the excuse that it was the Republicans that caused the extended recession and kept us from getting a decent healthcare law. It is nothing but ineptitude top to bottom on the left. I am still in awe of how much Obama reached out to the Republicans and his own party before passing the piece of crap ACA Law. Obama is finally reaping what he sowed in his terrible leadership and that makes me happy beyond belief.

    If you think that Obama's bailout plan had anything to do about approving the economy you need to start thinking for yourself. It was graft for the banks and other liberal causes with a tiny amount of shovel ready jobs sprinkled in.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    So Gruber played no significant role in the development, yet he was paid hundreds of thousands of dollars.
    Yeah, and Sebelius was only the Health & Human Services Secretary of the United States at the time.

    Sensing a major fib here.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    They didn't need GOP cooperation to do anything. They had full control. They chose to force an unwanted health care program on people rather than address the economic needs of the country that people wanted addressed. I give him credit for at least having the spine to admit that.
    Yes, that is what I said. They chose to accomplish something they were certain the GOP would fight while they had the chance, and assumed the GOP would co-operate on the economy when the Dems didn't have that advantage in votes. Unfortunately for the country, the GOP failed them and put hatred of Obama ahead of turning the economy around sooner on their priority list.
    I am always looking for Habs cards seq #'d 24/xx
    Hidden Content

    I use pennysleeve, toploader with a decoy card, team bag and bubble envelope. No PWE's

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by habsheaven View Post
    Yes, that is what I said. They chose to accomplish something they were certain the GOP would fight while they had the chance, and assumed the GOP would co-operate on the economy when the Dems didn't have that advantage in votes. Unfortunately for the country, the GOP failed them and put hatred of Obama ahead of turning the economy around sooner on their priority list.
    You say Republicans put hatred of Obama (actually it the ACA) ahead of the economy, when the issue was just as much because Democrats refused to put forth a spending bill that didn't include full funding for Obamacare, which 2/3rds of Americans opposed. Obviously the Democrats had no idea how wrong they were, but Americans showed them this last election and my guess is they will show them again in 2018.

    And to prove that Dems are just as ignorant. Another government shutdown is coming on Dec. 11th and with House Republicans set to pass a spending bill Harry Reid has already said he will not let it come to a vote in the Senate because it doesn't include longterm funding for Obama's dictatorial plan to freebase immigrants into Democratic voting registration. Once again Democrats are going to show their true colors and all but cement their fate for 2018.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    You say Republicans put hatred of Obama (actually it the ACA) ahead of the economy, when the issue was just as much because Democrats refused to put forth a spending bill that didn't include full funding for Obamacare, which 2/3rds of Americans opposed. Obviously the Democrats had no idea how wrong they were, but Americans showed them this last election and my guess is they will show them again in 2018.

    And to prove that Dems are just as ignorant. Another government shutdown is coming on Dec. 11th and with House Republicans set to pass a spending bill Harry Reid has already said he will not let it come to a vote in the Senate because it doesn't include longterm funding for Obama's dictatorial plan to freebase immigrants into Democratic voting registration. Once again Democrats are going to show their true colors and all but cement their fate for 2018.
    By this statement you are ignoring the 2012 election results and conceding the 2016 election results. Want to re-phrase any of it? lol
    I am always looking for Habs cards seq #'d 24/xx
    Hidden Content

    I use pennysleeve, toploader with a decoy card, team bag and bubble envelope. No PWE's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •