Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Dispute Team Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Dallas Cowboys Pittsburgh Penguins New York Yankees
    See etmill01's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

If I do a trade and the member sends me cards in the mail and they arrive damaged (with creases) am I allowed to reverse the trade or am I out of luck with a damaged card and the other trader gets to keep my cards?

If you do a deal and receive something that is damaged you will need to file a dispute and show scans of the damaged card so we can verify it was damaged, we will then contact the member you did the deal with a try to get them to resolve the dispute by either sending you something in replacement, if that cannot be worked out then the last resort to resolve the dispute would be for the both of you to send each others cards back and once the both of you get your cards back the deal would then be cancelled and the dispute would be closed....Ed

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

What are the grounds for starting a dispute? A member said that I didn't send a card to wasn't agreed on in the deal and he said one card was damaged. He said he would ship but when I PMed him 5 days ago informing him he never asked for that card, with a picture of the deal, asking him how the card was damaged and to please let me know, and if he had shipped. Then I have tried contacting him 3 more times and he has not replied. I am getting frustrated and am wondering if I should put it in dispute. I have confirmation he read it, he never replied though. Just curious. Thanks!

If you have not received your end, and 15 days have passed, go ahead and put it into dispute.

SCF Rewards
    Country

If you do a deal and receive something that is damaged you will need to file a dispute and show scans of the damaged card so we can verify it was damaged, we will then contact the member you did the deal with a try to get them to resolve the dispute by either sending you something in replacement, if that cannot be worked out then the last resort to resolve the dispute would be for the both of you to send each others cards back and once the both of you get your cards back the deal would then be cancelled and the dispute would be closed....Ed

Then why is another trader telling people you guys are telling him otherwise? He is saying he was sent a card that got damaged (creased multiple places) and he requested a trade reversal and was told it is the post office's fault and the other trader is not at fault and doesn't have to return the cards? Common sense would tell me both trader's should try and work something out with the one trader sending paypal or another card to make up for the damage. If thats not possible and the trader receiving the damaged cards should have the choice to keep the damaged card or return it and get the trade reversed. He is saying three separate moderators told him essentially tough luck. Contradicting what I was just told in the quoted message above.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Blowout (52)
    Country

Ed, please don't leave out what you told me in that if they put the cards in toploaders and a bubble mailer they are no longer responsible for any damage occurred during transit and the recipient is SOL with the cards. Otherwise this response is very misleading to other members.

Thanks

Dispute Team Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Dallas Cowboys Pittsburgh Penguins New York Yankees
    See etmill01's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

Ed, please don't leave out what you told me in that if they put the cards in toploaders and a bubble mailer they are no longer responsible for any damage occurred during transit and the recipient is SOL with the cards. Otherwise this response is very misleading to other members.

Thanks

If the package that was sent was damaged by the postal service during shipping the member who sent the package is not responsible for the damage to the contents of the package...In the dispute you filed you posted a scan of the envelope your cards were sent in and it is very easy to tell it was damaged during shipping, which in that case as I told you the issue is between you, the member you did the deal with and the postal service.....

If the was no evidence the package was damaged by the postal service then we would get involved and try to get the dispute resolved for you...Ed

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Blowout (52)
    Country

If the package that was sent was damaged by the postal service during shipping the member who sent the package is not responsible for the damage to the contents of the package...In the dispute you filed you posted a scan of the envelope your cards were sent in and it is very easy to tell it was damaged during shipping, which in that case as I told you the issue is between you, the member you did the deal with and the postal service.....

If the was no evidence the package was damaged by the postal service then we would get involved and try to get the dispute resolved for you...Ed

That's completely against basic common sense... but to each his own. As long as you include that little caveat in your response it's all good. Since what you replied to the member was very misleading as it is very possible if you receive a damaged card you have to keep it and have no recourse. And not only is the person who is responsible for completing the trade not told to send the cards back or make up the difference, he's not even expected too. I'm sure many traders would like to know that is your guys official policy here. So us decent traders who take responsibility for our items are not only on the hook for the items we send but the items the other person sends also.

And trust me... there are very very few people out there that agree with you. In fact, majority of people you ask would be astonished by your thought process.
    Last edited by pgisback; 04-15-2015 at 03:57 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

First I don't think any of this makes sense and is fair to the OP. It makes the site look terrible but if they really are the site's rules then it is what it is. However the OP got a negative for sending his end on time and undamaged. In what world is that remotely fair? He appeared to be an up and coming trader on this site, which lets be honest SCF could really use new traders and he has just been run off and no longer wants to trade here. I hope this site takes a step back and rethinks some of its rules (like getting damaged cards) because I think you guys just lost a good, possible long term member for no good reason.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123