Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Ever seen/talked to A baseball player besides in a game?

I saw Jim Thome in Bob Evans one time. He was wearing a Chicago Bulls jacket...the worst part: He was playing for cleavland then. Yeah...my fam and I thought he looked familiar, but we didn't say anything. But when we walked out, the waitress said it was Thome. I was going crazy that I didn't talk to him.

2. Check out the deals at Bear Ridge Collectibles eBay Store
    HAHA i dont know a baseball player but i know alot of NHL players....... Ive had 3 coaches that used to play in the NHL one that was in the 1984 Olympics and one of my buddy brothers is in the NHL

When I was younger, I used to work at the Pond of Anaheim (home of the NHL's Ducks) in the food concession stands. One night (I forget the event but it was probably a Ducks game), Bert Blyleven was in my line and bought some food & beverages from me. He was very nice.

A few years later, when I was working at Staples Center, I saw Eddie Murray and a friend waiting in line at a concession stand (I was a supervisor at that time). I didn't talk to him but he was smiling and looked like he was having a good time.

Andy

My company does landscape and lawn care.We have done Bill Freehan,Lance Parrish,Kirk Gibson along with NHL Steve Yzerman ,Brendan Shanahan and Federov when he played here...

He isnt a baseball player, but I saw Dwayne Wade getting out of his limo at the National in Chicago last year. Too bad I didnt have a camera on me.

I saw luis gonzalez(sp) at a restaurant in Phoenix. Didnt talk to him though, but he walked right by me and held the door open for me as i was walking in and he was leaving lol.

Sorry to bump a nearly month old topic, but a few years ago I was leaving Dairy Queen with my parents and saw Frank Thomas walking in with his two little boys. Didn't get to talk to him though, was on the way out. :)

this is a great topic. When I was a kid I was lucky enough to be seating in the front row right by the vistor on deck circle in old Comisky Park and Don Mattingly came over to me and my mom and was talking with us while he was waiting to bat. Now that i think back on it he was probably hitting on my mom! At that point it was the greatest day of my life. When I got older myself and my ex (now) girlfriend went to Jordans resturant and while we were eating Jordan and two bodygaurds came up to our table to see how our meal was. I couldnt even speak to him I was compleatly in awe. My girlfriend on the other hand was talking with him like they were old friends. it was unreal. I would say those two days havent been topped yet!

I met Reggie Jackson at the ESPN Club in Orlando, Florida.
    I met David McCarty (former Red Sox) at spring training camp.
    I met Gabe Kapler that same day at spring training camp.
    I met Mo Vaughn at a car show in Hartford.
    I met John Valentin after a Red Sox game once, he was hitting on my mom LOL
    I met Will Clark at spring training camp and talked with him a bit.
    I met Andy Benes at spring training camp and talked with him alot more since I had seats by the bullpen. Turns out he is married to my old neighbors daughter.

I have met Jay Bell and luis Gonzales multiple times. Once I even had dinner with Luis b/c of some charity work I had done. He is really nice.

From basketball players I have met Connie Hawkins in some store plus when I ws a baby my parents saw the entire 1993 Suns team...I don't remember it but I am sure it was AWESOME.

Also my family and I stay at a really nice hotel in Coronado Island just outside of San Diego and I have chatted with the suns owner Robert Sarver and Thom Brenamen a broadcaster for FOX and the Dbacks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast