Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

They are matte. It's not a big deal really. I might mail him again next season and just sign it as my buddy's name. And thank you. I love sending to the hockey prospects. They're fantastic signers. I'm pretty much perpetually working on the first round of each year's draft class.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Awesome TTM day with 3 really great hockey returns today.

Pekka Rinne 1/1 8x10 c/o Nashville Predators in 104 days
    Fantastic return from one of the best goalies in the NHL right now.

John Tavares 1/1 8x10 c/o New York Islanders in 80 days
    It always amazes me that one of the top guys in the game right now like Tavares still takes time to sign a bit at the end of each season. Love watching him play even if he tends to kill my Devils.

Ron Ellis 1/1 8x10c/o Hockey Hall of Fame in 15 days
    The 3rd and final signature on this photo already signed by Dave Keon and Larry Jeffrey. Love how it came out and so happy to finish it, plus I got an awesome note and story about the photo to go with it from Mr. Jeffrey's wife. Now I need to find another old time hockey photo to start sending out because I LOVE how these look.

SCF Rewards
    Country

4 new TTM returns:

Nikita Zadorov 1/1 8x10 c/o Buffalo Sabres in 157 days
    My 20th return from the 2013 1st round draft class (16th overall) and one of the Sabres' many young up-and-comers. Can't believe I made it 2/3rds of the draftees on 8x10s.

Matt Irwin 1/1 8x10 c/o San Jose Sharks in 129 days
    My 5th return from one of the guys in this year's Sharks holiday video. Love how these are turning out.

Melker Karlsson 1/1 8x10 c/o San Jose Sharks in 77 days
    Great return from the Sharks' rookie. He had a very nice first year in the NHL with 13 goals and 11 assists in 53 games.

Will Forte 8x10 c/o home in 54 days
    Another awesome celeb return where I did all the legwork. Mr. Forte has been one of my favorite comedians since his SNL days. Really love this return.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Some sick hockey returns. Nice stuff.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Some sick hockey returns. Nice stuff.

Thanks. I definitely had a good year with NHL returns. Hope to see a few more trickle in now that the season is over/ending for a lot of teams as well.

It's been awhile since my last update because I was on vacation but I got quite a few returns since my last update so here we go.

Antonio Brown 1/1 8x10 c/o Pittsburgh Steelers in 234 days

Nick Foligno 1/1 8x10 c/o Columbus Blue Jackets in 53 days

Mel Brooks 1/1 8x10 c/o Brooks Films in 27 days
    SOOO happy with this return. He mixes it up between sending back PPs and actually signing your item I've noticed so I'm fairly certain this is legit. He's made some of my all-time favorite movies so this is one of my favorite returns ever.

Jake Allen 1/1 8x10 c/o St. Louis Blues in 119 days
    Unfortunately this one has a tear in the top left corner but hey, it could be worse.

Calvin De Haan 1/1 8x10 c/o New York Islanders in 91 days

Robby Krieger 1/1 8x10 c/o address in TTMM in 60 days

Jason Alexander 1/1 8x10 c/o Angel Ark Productions in 39 days

Ben McKenzie 1/1 8x10 c/o home in 18 days
    Another awesome success I did all the leg work for and it's from the star of one of my favorite new shows on TV. Hope to add some more of the cast of Gotham soon.

Marcos Molina 1/1 c/o St. Lucie Mets in 13 days

Mark Canha 1/1 8x10 c/o Oakland A's in 12 days

Michael Cederoth 1/1 c/o Cedar Rapids Kernels in 12 days

And some IP returns from my most recent trip to Lakewood. This time I hit up the Nats' affiliate, the Hagerstown Suns.

Austen Williams 8x10
    He's not on any top prospect lists but he was a 6th round pick this past year and has been tearing it up in his full season debut so far with a 3-1 record in 5 starts and a 29:3 K/BB ratio in 26.1 innings. Definitely see him getting some more recognition as the season goes on.

Brennan Middleton card
    Such a nice guy. It was my buddy's first ever minor league game (he was here from the UK) so Brennan gave him the ball he was warming up with and snagged him the lineup card off the wall after the game as a souvenir of his first game.

Brett Mooneyham card
    Don't know why this one streaked as I prepped it the way I do every other card. Kinda weird.

Raudy Read 8x10
    Nats' #26 prospect

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sweet Ben McKenzie Success! Love Gotham too!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sweet Ben McKenzie Success! Love Gotham too!

Thanks man. It's a great show...sometimes. I have a serious love-hate relationship with it haha.

Anyway, 4 more returns to close out the week and another night of IP graphing in Lakewood.

Eric Gryba 1/1 c/o Ottawa Senators in 569 days
    Awesome success that I had totally forgotten about. Gotta love the long wait surprises.

Dmitrij Jaskin 1/1 8x10 c/o Chicago Wolves in 157 days
    Great return from the young St. Louis Blues forward who had a solid first full NHL season with 13 goals in 54 games.

Tejay Antone 1/1 c/o Dayton Dragons in 16 days
    Nice return from the Reds' #27 prospect and 2014 5th round pick. He's off to a great start in Dayton this year.

Nick Howard 1/1 c/o Daytona Tortugas in 16 days
    Awesome return from the Reds' #3 prospect and 2014 1st round pick (19th overall). He was a reliever in college but they're currently converting him to a starter.

Had a great day of graphing down in Lakewood yesterday as well. Got a chance to graph the Rockies' A affiliate, The Asheville Tourists, during their only trip of the year here and they had quite a few players ranked in the team's top 30. Bunch of nice guys, too. Their manager was even helping us out and chatting us up the whole time.

Forrest Wall 2/2
    Rockies #6 prospect

Dom Nunez 1/1
    Rockies #9 prospect

Ryan Castellani 2/2
    Rockies #11 prospect

Kevin Padlo 2/2

Wes Rogers 1/1
    Rockies #28 prospect

Helmis Rodriguez 1/1
    Rockies #30 prospect. His twin brother actually plays for the Blueclaws.

Zach Jemiola on my ticket.
    The guy pitched a fantastic game yesterday so I had to get him on my ticket. It's not too often you see a complete game shutout at this level, and he pitched a beauty, only facing 30 batters with 9 Ks and 0 BBs. I think he only threw like 85 pitches as well.

SCF Rewards
    Country

2 returns to start the week.

Morgan Klimchuk 1/1 8x10 c/o Brandon Wheat Kings in 91 days
    Awesome return from the Calgary Flames' 2013 1st round pick (28th overall). I'm now at 70% for 1st round picks from the 2013 Draft, all on 8x10s. Still need 9 more. If anyone thinks they can help me out with any of them next season, please let me know. I'd gladly 50/50 8x10s on any of them. The ones I'm missing are Elias Lindholm, Rasmus Ristolainen, Valeri Nichushkin, Samuel Morin, Max Domi, Curtis Lazar, Kerby Rychel, Frederik Gauthier, Andre Burakovsky.

Michael Chavis 1/1 c/o Greenville Drive in 18 days
    Nice return from Red Sox' 2014 1st round pick (26th overall) and #11 prospect. Love how this one turned out. Really cool to get him on his draft card.

SCF Rewards
    Country

2 more returns last week and a couple of IP graphs from yesterday.

Pavel Datsyuk 1/1 c/o Detroit Red Wings in 832 days
    Amazing return from one of the most exciting players in the NHL and one of the best two-way forwards ever.

Marcus Semien 1/1 c/o Oakland A's in 11 days
    Great return from the young second baseman. He's been killing it at the plate since coming to Oakland but has struggled badly in the field.

Now a bit of IP. Yesterday I had VIP tickets to the Skate and Surf festival in Asbury Park and got to meet a couple of my favorite bands and even get some stuff signed.

First up was Kevin Devine, a great indie singer/songwriter from NYC. He was incredibly nice and you could tell he was really enjoying being there. I asked him about it and he couldn't believe he had just come off a UK tour and now was playing Skate and Surf and admitted he was just trying to process it all. Such a nice guy. I got him to sign the back of a promotional thing from the company running the VIP events and also got a picture with him.

Next up was pop punk band, Major League. Unfortunately I didn't get to see their set later in the night because my favorite band, The Front Bottoms, was playing on the main stage. However, I am happy I at least got to meet them to make up for it. They had posters from a past tour that they were signing and I really love how this came out. My girlfriend hopped in the picture with me this time.

The last band I met was one of the ones I was most looking forward to seeing yesterday, pop-punk band Real Friends. Their lead singer is one of my favorite vocalists out there and they're just a bunch of normal dudes who can't believe they're popular. In fact, the whole day they were telling people what other groups they were excited to see and were regularly just taking in the festival, hanging out with fans, and watching other groups with everyone else in the pit. I also got to see them do a VIP 4-song acoustic performance with only about 60 other people. Definitely the highlight of the day for me. I got them to sign the Skate and Surf poster I got in my VIP merch pack.

SCF Rewards
    Country

3 returns since my last update including a longshot that I'm really excited about:

Jonas Hiller 2/1 c/o Calgary Flames in 136 days
    Great return from one of the more underrated goalies in the NHL. He also added a card himself. Stoked to add him to my collection.

Jose Berrios 1/1 c/o Chattanooga Lookouts in 15 days
    This guy is flat out one of the best signers in all of baseball right now. This is my 3rd time writing him in the last 3 years and my 3rd quick return. Considering he's the #31 prospect in baseball I think that's pretty awesome. Really pulling for this kid.

Carlos Rodon 1/1 8x10 c/o Chicago White Sox in 13 days
    AWESOME return from the White Sox' #1 prospect and #14 prospect in all of baseball. He doesn't have a great track record signing but I figured he was worth at shot as he probably didn't have much mail yet having just been called up and it worked out. Love how this came out.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast