Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Giving Credit when it's due....Thank you Disciples of Christ Church!

http://disciples.org/sharon_blog/min...r-to-governor/

^THANK YOU MODERATE CHRISTIANS!

The Complete letter:

Dear Governor Pence,
    We write with respect to the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA). We urge you to veto the bill.

The Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) has been headquartered in Indianapolis for nearly 100 years. Although Butler University is no longer affiliated with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), its founder, Ovid Butler, was a Disciple and a noted abolitionist. The college, in keeping with our values, admitted women in a time when that was rare. We are the church that founded Christian Theological Seminary. Our offices are located on North Meridian. Our Indiana regional offices are located in Indianapolis as well.

Every two years our general assembly, a gathering of over 6000 people from across the United States and Canada, is held in a US city. In 2017 it is scheduled to be in Indianapolis as it was in 2009 and 1989. Like so many other host cities, we find Indianapolis to be a hospitable and enjoyable location for our people. Many of our leaders are citizens of this city, and we take particular pride when our selection process makes it possible to bring the assembly to our home town.
    However, the recent passage in the state legislature of the RFRA bill is distressing to us. It is causing us to reconsider our decision to hold our 2017 gathering in Indianapolis.

Purportedly a matter of religious freedom, we find RFRA contrary to the values of our faith – as well as to our national and Hoosier values. Our nation and state are strong when we welcome people of many backgrounds and points of view. The free and robust exchange of ideas is part of what makes our democracy great.

As a Christian church, we are particularly sensitive to the values of the One we follow – one who sat at table with people from all walks of life, and loved them all. Our church is diverse in point of view, but we share a value for an open Lord’s Table. Our members and assembly-goers are of different races and ethnicities, ages, genders and sexual orientations. They have in common that they love Jesus and seek to follow him.

We are particularly distressed at the thought that, should RFRA be signed into law, some of our members and friends might not be welcome in Indiana businesses – might experience legally sanctioned bias and rejection once so common on the basis of race.

We are following closely the progress of this legislation. It will be a factor in whether we continue with our plans to hold an assembly in Indianapolis in 2017.

We urge you to veto the bill.

^The Bold is my FAVORITE part, and I personally Urge MORE Moderate CHristians to follow suit with the Disciples of Christ Church.....stand up against bigotry and remember that CHRIST would NEVER deny service to any human being.

This is the brand of Christianity I can firmly support.
    Last edited by JustAlex; 03-31-2015 at 05:00 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gsj68's Items on eBay

i guess the "others" here just cant bring themselves to agree with the extreme atheist

kudos to alex for being logical

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (116)
    Country
    See centralfalc1616's Items on eBay

Arkansas is next.

SCF Rewards
    Country

i guess the "others" here just cant bring themselves to agree with the extreme atheist

kudos to alex for being logical

I agree with Alex's post. I cannot understand how you can deny service to somebody on the grounds of sexual orientation.

What I do not agree with is Alex's I am not attacking Christians because I am not specifically naming them BS. Hate is hate and Alex refuses to acknowledge how hateful and offensive his posts are when he bashes Christians.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

I agree with Alex's post. I cannot understand how you can deny service to somebody on the grounds of sexual orientation.

What I do not agree with is Alex's I am not attacking Christians because I am not specifically naming them BS. Hate is hate and Alex refuses to acknowledge how hateful and offensive his posts are when he bashes Christians.

This could not have been said better kudos

SCF Rewards
    Country

@37Jetson, actually I DO name the Christians I attack.....far right Christians.

They are the ones I have beef with.

Liberal and moderate Christians are my allies, and they constantly remind me that there are many GOOD Christians who want to serve Jesus by helping the poor, the hungry, the most unfortunate of humans....this is Christ-like.

If I had to do a top 10 list of individuals I admire throughout history....Jesus is in that list, and he's probably in the top 5.

If you notice, I rarely say anything disparaging about Christ, my many criticisms are aimed at his PSYCHOTIC father (Yahweh).

Anyway, I said this in the other thread, but I'll repeat myself.

What I attack is the ideologies of Christianity in general, and yes I do attack a group of Christians, this group is the most RADICAL and unacceptable form of Christianity.

They use their religion to hate others, to try to impose their nonsense at ME and the rest of the nation, and they are quite simply insufferable.

I will NOT stay quiet and turn a blind eye towards far right Christians, I will MOCK, ridicule, and criticize them non-stop as long as they continue their ways.
    Last edited by JustAlex; 04-01-2015 at 03:50 PM.