Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

Tonights game vs Sugarland few things to talk about

Jeff Scott and Matt Wright said that Matt Maloney had shoulder surgery and they do not believe he is coming back and Matt Wright said that Maloney is contemplating retirement.
    Next since this was my first game with Sugarland I figured with the 20 players and coaches I had to get it would not be a problem but that turned out to be wrong. When it was time for the pitchers to come out they did not come out one or two at a time they came out like a freight train all real quick in one line and was only able to get two of them at the time. I waited for the game to start and do what I always do and go to the picnic area which has the visitors bullpen below and have the players sign but the Sugarland players would not sign as they said we do not sign during the game and see us after the game. Waited until after the game and just got Van Allen because all these kids came by with balls and scared them away and I let Cory sign all the balls with my pen. So in being nice I got screwed
    Anyway here is what I did get

Sugarland

Delwyn Young 4/8 2 for EL said he would sign another time
    Matt Wright 1/1 EL
    Cory Van Allen 3/3 2 for EL 1 for mrmain18
    Roy Merritt 1/1 EL
    Andrew Johnston 3/3 EL
    Kevin Russo 4/4 3 EL ! mrmain18
    Dustin Martin 2/4 1 EL 1 mrmain18 another will sign next time
    James Parr 5/5 3 for EL 1 for tigsfan
    Travis Scott 2/2 1 for EL 1 for mrmain18
    Amadeo Zazueta 1/1 EL
    Ramon Delgado 1/1 mrmain18
    Denny Almonte 1/1 mrmain18
    Gary Gaetti 6/6 Levi

Patriots

Michael Burgess 5/5 mrmain18 Michael was the player in the autograph booth before the game so I banged him out

Next game is Monday for me and I think it will be doubleheader as we will have the storm coming our way SAturday night and Sunday Morning and the Patriots are already thinking of a cancellation for Sunday. I can only make the 2nd game anyway because of work but I may have my work cut out in completing the rest in one day. Only time will tell

Willy Taveras 0/6 said he would be back to me after warmups and did not. Hope he is better next time

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Story time again.. Since I am semi retired I work 4 days a week from 7.30 AM to !2:15 PM which is 19 hours a week and and by dollar wise all I can work at Costco pumping gas for them by Social Security standards which affords me to graph like I do. So today they asked me to work & AM to 3:30 PM which is 8 hours and the same on Wednesday which I stupidly said OK since I did work 40 hours a week before. Now I normally leave for the ballpark at 5PM so I really did not have much time to get going. Anyway got to the park and had my plan of attack and it just went sour as Dustin Martin was put on the IL and I did not see him. Also did not see pitchers Adrian Martin and Jose Greer. Now I am starting off down 3. Sean Gallager was the starting pitcher and he said no..Andrew Carpenter came out late so now I am down 5 with only getting the following 4 players but some members will still be happy. Also to finish the story as the game started and I sat down after 1 hour my back and legs started to scream in an achy pain for the hours I did today and I still have to do Wednesday. Only good thing is after that I do not go back until Monday.

Sugarland cards

John Lujan 2/2 mrmain18
    Derrick Loop 2/2 EL
    Delwyn Young 4/4 EL
    Willy Taveras 6/6 2 for Tigsfan 2 for mrmain18

Will have to finish the 5 players next time they return in July hopefully

Next game Friday vs Southern Maryland

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Tonights game vs Southern Maryland
    I knew it was going to be a big knight for graphers as there were about 7 graphers tonight for Chien Ming Wang. He was very cordial and signed everything put in front of him from cards to balls to about 6 8 x 10 photos. Luckily I got in before everyone else and caught him going into the locker room from BP. Now Fred Lewis should have been watching and observing how someone bigger then him can sign and be nice. Even though he did sign it was only 1 for everyone.
    Anyway here is what I was able to get

Southern Maryland

Fred Lewis 1/9 at this rate since he did not sign at all last year and so far one this year I might be done before I go from semi retired to fully retired
    Chien Ming Wang did not have any cards so had him sign my autograph book I keep with me

Patriots

Mat Gamel 2/2 mrmain18

Since my brother in law is getting married tomorrow I am not sure if I will make Sundays game so right now my next game is after the All Star break and the start of the second half on July 10 vs Long Island.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

My wife just returned from one of her work business meeting at the Stockton Seaview Hotel and Golf Club outside of Atlantic City. The other night after their dinner one of her sales reps said look who is the bar. Of course she did not know the person and they told her. She then called me and I said do you have the small autograph book I tell you to carry (I got her this small 3 x 5 book to carry in her pocket book when she travels) and she said no. She did not bother the person and went about her business. Later that night she saw him again and she only had her room key cover and she approached him and he gladly signed it. She called me to tell me but I wanted to see it first. Since my wife does travel allot and will be in Nashville in 2 weeks to see her buddy Rob Thomas I told her to make sure she brings the book because you just never know as 2 years ago she ran into Little Richard but he has something for her and signed it.
    Anyway the person she saw and got an autograph was Scottie Pippen which even though is on a room key cover its still pretty cool. I hope my wife has learned a lesson.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Tonight kicked off the second half of the season. Today it was Long Island vs Somerset

Long Island

Randy Ruiz 5/5 curtisc
    J C Romero 2/2 curtisc

JC Romero in my Baltimore Orioles book

Patriots
    On my team sheet the new college boys
    Jose G Reyes
    Vinny Zarrillo

Next game Monday Camden

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Tonights game Patriots vs Camden

Tonight was my last night in trying to get Ryan Stieby since I know why he does not sign but we tried again tonight. One of the younger kids tried to get him to sign just one card and he just shied away from him also. Anyway will be sending his cards back to everyone
    Ryan Strieby 0/8

Patriots

Here is another odd one for tonight. Had six cards for Michael Burgess 4 of one style card and 2 of another style. I had them spread on a board mixed up. Michael just signed 4 cards and the ones that were the same. He went over the sheet passing the others just to sign the 4. Well now will have to get him another day. Maybe an up and coming autograph session

Michael Burgess 4/6 2 for Maineauto207

Next game Thursday with Camden. I cannot make Wednesdays game as former NJ Devil player Grant Marshall will be in attendance

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Last nights game vs Camden.This is the last time I see Camden this year as I am commited to our 4H fair the first week of August when Camden returns It took me 45 minutes to go 15 miles to the game and got there late. I figured it was going to be a bad night for graphing since I got there last and the kids were running around like they had to much sugar and they just got there. Between the pre game and even at the end it was " Got any balls or got any bats" so I knew it may be a long night plus it was Fireworks night. Anyway I did get some pre game and then the parking lot post game(with pete 27) because of the screaming kids. Both Zach Braddock and Willis Otanez did not come out until the game had started.

Camden pre game

Daniel Rockett 1/1 EL
    Jose Gil 3/3 EL

Camden post game

Zach Braddock 7/7 5 EL him and I had a good conversation about the 4H in New Jersey. He was involved when younger and I told him my son and I are 4 H leaders and will be at our week long fair first week of August so this is why I will not see them again this year as thats when Camden returns

Willis Otanez 8/8 6 EL I did have another board of 8 ready if he had the time but he had a ride waiting for him

Baltimore Orioles book
    Pedro Swann pregame
    Willis Otanez post game

Patriots post game

Nate Spears 0/1 said he wanted to beat the traffic from the fireworks I turned around and every line was at least 5 deep in the parking lot. Wonder how far he got in the 5 seconds it would have taken to sign one card. Have to respect his reason

Michael Burgess 4/4 1 EL 1 Maineauto207 one of the cards Michael was signing was the 2015 Baysox and he said " I cannot believe I am signing a card of me before I have even seen it"

Next game Friday the 24th vs Southern Maryland. This is the last time I see them unless we both make the finals.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Tonights game vs Southern Maryland. Will try to make Sundays game after work as this is the last time we them unless we both make the finals.
    Tonight was MLB baseball card night with everyone getting a pack of 4 Topps series two cards. With being a season ticket holder when my son and I went into the stadium and we know the person on top he asked if we wanted more than one and I said sure. Between myself and my son he gave us 16 packs. So with 64 cards I was hoping to get one Orioles card. Luckily I did it was Chris Davis. Got some other nice ones like McCuthcen,Lester,Altuve,Buerle,Rollins,Verlander,C uddyer,Molina,deGrom ROY,Kershaw Cy Young, Trout MVP just to name a few. Did receive 4 team cards but would have liked players cards instead but for nothing I cannot complain. Also received 16 50 cents off cards from Topps good until end of year on some of their products which I will most likely not use.

Anyway here is what I got for the game
    Southern Maryland

Fred Lewis 1/3 tigsfan still 1 per
    Brian Baker 1/1 EL
    Trey Barham 1/1 EL
    Brian Burres 5/5 EL one card was the 2001 Salem-Keizer Volcanoes card. Brian wanted to know if I had another and I said no because it is the one card he is missing.
    Erik Hamren 2/2 EL
    Wade Korpi 1/1 EL

Did not see Jake Hale at all. He did not even come out during the game and stand at the railing. I even checked the stands in case he was charting but did not see him. He is the only one left except for Fred Lewis and his one per.

Gustavo Molina in my Baltimore Orioles book

Patriots
    Ollie Linton our new guy on my team sheet

Also found out that Sunday August 9th is Mets night and they are planning on having Ed Charles, Art Shamsky, and Ed Kranepool in attendance. They are going to sign autographs during the first couple of innings. That sucks for me as that is the last night of the 4H fair and we have to take everything down so I most likely will not be there.

Again wil try to Sunday afternoon after work to try to finish the Blue Crabs

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Made it to the autograph session today and did pretty well
    First one of my friends gave me a 1987 T Pat Dodson he had for my collection. Thanks Jeff

Southern Maryland first. Needed Jake Hale and Fred Lewis
    We were told that Jake did not make the trip with the team so cannot complete him
    Here is the surprise

Fred Lewis 2/2 both for tigsfan

Somerset Patriots

Got Evan Deluca on my team sheet

Somerset team set cards for El Scorcho

First Anthony Collazo and Randy did not particapate Foxey Beyer I have not seen in a couple of weeks even at the games Adam Donachie was the starting catcher and Buddy Boshers is on personal leaveScott Kelly cannot sign multiples yet because of the nerve damage surgery he had done but I met him in the parking lot and told me all that and then he said he would sign for me because he knows me.

Completed cards
    Robert Andino
    Aharon Eggeleston
    Mat Gamel
    Greg Hopkins
    Scott Kelly
    Thomas Neal
    James Skelton
    Nate Spears 2/2 actually had another card for El also
    David Vidal
    Sean Bierman
    Matt Zielinski
    Lucas Irvine
    Daniel Sattler
    Paul Smyth
    Jon Hunton
    Kyler Newby
    Andrew Carignan
    RJ Siedel
    Brett Jodie
    Shane Spencer
    Corey Domel
    Sparky Lyle
    Definitely had enough time to complete everyone if they were present

Next game is August 10 vs Sugarland

I cannot make the game on the 9th in which Ed Kranepool , Ed Charles, and Art Shamsky will be there but a friend has my Mets book and will try to get them for me

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

onights game vs Sugarland.
    My plan for the week was to do Sugarland today and I feel tomorrows game will be a rainout so it would be a double header on Wednesday. If thats the case then I would do the Patriots first game and Sugarland 2nd game. Well tonight Sugarland must have had a team meeting or something because no one came out until about 15 minutes before the game including the starting pitcher. If I would have known that I would have done the Patriots today instead. When the players came out I only needed 3 position players and 4 pitchers. Well the pitchers as usual came out like the Sugarland Express about 6 in a row and worse of it is I did not need any of them. I needed Andrew Carpenter who came out as they started the National Anthem, Sean Gallager came out after the game started and I never saw Adrian Martin or Josh Greer. There 4 have been a thorn in my side all season but will try again Wednesday
    anyway here is what I got

Kevin Russo 1/1
    Delwyn Young 4/4 2 madmax901
    Daryl Ward 5/8 4 for EL

Also talked to Gary Gaetti and he said that Matt Maloney is physically an most likely never pitch again. Matt was only throwing about 70 mph before the surgery and his surgery was pretty major according to Gary.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast