Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    See Knight302-Old's Items on eBay

Kentucky QB Jared Lorenzen

I dunno.I am a Dawg fan but sitting here watching the KU/Louisville game,I pay alot of attention to the KU QB Jared Lorenzen. he's listed as 6'4" 275 lbs though I think he is a little lighter this year.I watch him because he has hurt Georgia a few times and he is a fun player to watch.He's so big that it is difficult to get him down or even wrapped up yet he squeezes out of seemingly sure tackles and makes tremendous plays.He has a very accurate and strong arm to boot.He has made some stoooUUUpid mistakes but most of the time he can see the field well and makes smart plays.Very fun to watch.

What are your thoughts on him? Think he is NFL material? Could he fare as well against some of the skill the NFL would bring at him or would he fare even better with more protection from a good O line? Who would pick him up?

I think with better protection he could really eat up some defenses (no pun intended on his stature :D ).His speed is sub average but there have been numerous QB's that couldn't run.

What are your opinions?

-Frank-

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See IggyWH's Items on eBay

He's a decent college QB but will never be anything in the NFL. I kept hearing the announcers say that Kentucky line was bad... it isn't bad, Lorenzen's just that slow. He seems to always pull an upset each year though.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See wdwain's Items on eBay

Knight302, I think he has a shot if he gets drafted. I have watched him for four years and he is a very impressive QB that can run like a RB if needed.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think he will be a fine NFL QB one day. He has a great arm and has just enough mobility to be a good pocket passer with a good OLine. If he can catch on with an NFL team with a good QB coach to help him mature watch out he could be a strong QB down the line. oh and I thought i saw somewhere that they listed him at 285 - WOW

See cfa10123's Items on eBay

Lorenzen isn't that great. He's definitely nothing special, just like Auburn's QB Jason Campbell, both are hyped and aren't special.

Tim

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See trippsahoy!'s Items on eBay

Originally posted by IggyWH
    He's a decent college QB but will never be anything in the NFL. I kept hearing the announcers say that Kentucky line was bad... it isn't bad, Lorenzen's just that slow. He seems to always pull an upset each year though.

he is not slow. have you seen him play before? that guy is actually quite fast. but i am also a dawg fan so i have to say he will be a great querterback in the pros. i mean he has about 1,000 yards just against us in 3 years and i think he only started in 1 of those games! uga has an amazing defense and anyone who can do that against us has to be good.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See trippsahoy!'s Items on eBay

Originally posted by stkmtimo
    Lorenzen isn't that great. He's definitely nothing special, just like Auburn's QB Jason Campbell, both are hyped and aren't special.

Tim

campbell isn't hyped. he was hyped coming out of highschool but not anymore.

SCF Rewards
    See Rocky15231's Items on eBay

dude its UK, not KU

and jared is the man, its nice seeing a size challenged guy having success at QB, ok im bias cause im a UK student, but go jared and the cats. big game at alabama this weekend.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See IggyWH's Items on eBay

Originally posted by 99presspass
    he is not slow. have you seen him play before? that guy is actually quite fast. but i am also a dawg fan so i have to say he will be a great querterback in the pros. i mean he has about 1,000 yards just against us in 3 years and i think he only started in 1 of those games! uga has an amazing defense and anyone who can do that against us has to be good.

Fast in college doesn't mean fast in NFL. You're either a passer or a runner QB... he;s not good enough in either.

SCF Rewards
    See Rocky15231's Items on eBay

i do agree with iggy, NFL chances are slim to none. remember dave ragone? everyone thought he was a great prospect, well hes not. ragone is a bit better but thats my comparison. and BTW, left handed QB's are a needle in a haystack in the NFL, you can name the really successful ones on one hand.