Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is it wise to buy boxes off ebay?

The problem is that im in australia and card shops are fairly scarce. The boxes in these shops are really really expensive. Basically if something is around $40us on ebay its about $90 - $100us at my local shop for the same product.

Now i wouldnt normally have had a problem buying a box from the US off ebay but im a bit worried about all this talk of people opening boxes and taking the thick pack out and replacing it and re sealing , does this happen on ebay?.Thanks

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center
    Im sure it does. Im weary, but do purchase sometimes for the sheer fact, you can get everything alot cheaper. I sell boxes on ebay when I get em in, but I do NOT reseal, or even touch the boxes. I only touch em to package em, and open the case.

There is resealing, and alot of boxes may be the junk ones, after a major hit in a case was pulled. Hope I was of help. Good luck!

thanks mate. Let me know when you have some boxes on ebay! haha/

i have bought all my boxes off ebay execpt a few here and there and have never had any kinda problem...just buy from people with high ratings....

dead end cruiser: there are a couple of GOOD sellers on ebay australia where you can pick up boxes at pretty good prices, PM me if you want their seller names, cheers

Thanks anaheim, and mattyj ill pm you when i work out how to do it haha

i used to buy almost all my boxes off of ebay, i would consider it safe imo.

i have bought several boxes off ebay without incident.

I have boughten alot of bozes off of ebay and do not seem to get anything worse than I would get at a store. Some of my best pulls have come from ebay boxes actually. I'm sure it happens but the sheer amount of work that would go into resealing would make it not worth the while. (Wouldnt you need a machine to put the plastic back on?) The main issue with ebay sellers are that box sellers do not like ebay because it undercuts their profit. Dealers and ebay do not seem to get along very well because it increases the supply big time bringing down the prices of things.

Alot of boxes on ebay are not worth buying. I would say 85% of the boxes you see sold are from sellers who open boxes untill they get the case hit and then sell off the rest. There are a few ebay sellers out there who only sell wax and would be your best bet if you were to try. Email me with what you are looking for and I will help you out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast