Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fakers lose

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See antique_ish's Items on eBay

Guess so.

The Jordan that ended or is about to end is over $30.

So $50 on 2 cards that cost less than $5 total to produce, and if customers are happy then it probably is easy money.

I would like to see what the back of the card looks like though. The card is obviously cut all the way through and the Patch is behind it. So does the back look crappy?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Maybe these are the first he has sold, but most of them sold for more than $10.

Just a note to people who look for steals and don't read the description before you BID, if a deal seems too good to be true IT COULD BE!!!!

I have purchased boxes within a minute before only to find that it is a $9.99 Retail box which I just paid almost $20 for. (Back when I was a newbie of course. LOL)

Just be careful and don't get sucked into this type of stuff.

Thanks
    Mike

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See fuentes7979's Items on eBay

either way tampering with a licinsed product is ilegal..someone should report him to UD

SCF Rewards
    Country

Quote Originally Posted by andrade
    either way tampering with a licinsed product is ilegal..someone should report him to UD

yup...copyright infringment...not illegal to do it, but illegal to turn around and sell them!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Can it still violate copyright even if he says it is custom?

If that is the case, Custom McFarlanes would be illegal also and those are sold all day long on eBay (I actually own 3).

That would be like making it illegal to customize your car or something.

I am NOT standing up for this person or whoever made or sells these cards. I just don't see anything legally wrong with it since it states that it is CUSTOM.

It could get really deep, what about artists who make their own version of famous paintings?

I just don't know, that is why I am asking.

Thanks
    Mike

SCF Rewards
    Country

you are not altering a painting, rather doing your own rendition. and i dont know if paintings are actually copyrighted

SCF Rewards
    Country

got this right off UD website

COUNTERFEIT EDUCATION PROCESS

Counterfeiting is a broad term that covers any form of deception designed to trick the buyer into believing that he or she is purchasing a product by the original manufacturer. Counterfeit packaging usually involves the unauthorized use of a registered trademark on the packaging or the simulation of using original characteristics and is designed to pass off generally sub-standard product as the genuine article.

Packaging of any manufacturer is often unique and highly recognizable, but those who buy counterfeit cards by appearance or packaging alone should beware. Counterfeit product is made to look like the real thing both in packaging and in appearance.

When it comes to the Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME, counterfeiters spare no expense.

********then went on to say this**************

FRAUD PREVENTION

The Upper Deck Company, LLC is offering a reward of up to $100,000, for information and services leading to the arrest and conviction of any person receiving, selling, possessing or involved in the material manufacturing of or conspiracy to manufacture counterfeit Yu-Gi-Oh! trading card games. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.

The amount of the reward and the material aspect of the offense to be determined soley by Upper Deck and will be based on the significance of the services rendered, the character of the offender, the risks and hazards involved, the time spent and expenses incurred in developing the information and bringing it forward. Only one reward will be allowed per offense. UpperDeck reserves the right to reject a claim for reward where there has been collusion, criminal involvement or improper methods to secure the information.

Please fill out this form in its entirety, as we cannot process your request without this information. Thank You.

SCF Rewards
    Country

So....

Since he is not trying to sell it as original, its OK?

SCF Rewards
    Country

if its fake...then he is in trouble

SCF Rewards
    Country

Quote Originally Posted by andrade
    got this right off UD website

COUNTERFEIT EDUCATION PROCESS

Counterfeiting is a broad term that covers any form of deception designed to trick the buyer into believing that he or she is purchasing a product by the original manufacturer. Counterfeit packaging usually involves the unauthorized use of a registered trademark on the packaging or the simulation of using original characteristics and is designed to pass off generally sub-standard product as the genuine article.

Packaging of any manufacturer is often unique and highly recognizable, but those who buy counterfeit cards by appearance or packaging alone should beware. Counterfeit product is made to look like the real thing both in packaging and in appearance.

When it comes to the Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME, counterfeiters spare no expense.

********then went on to say this**************

FRAUD PREVENTION

The Upper Deck Company, LLC is offering a reward of up to $100,000, for information and services leading to the arrest and conviction of any person receiving, selling, possessing or involved in the material manufacturing of or conspiracy to manufacture counterfeit Yu-Gi-Oh! trading card games. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.

The amount of the reward and the material aspect of the offense to be determined soley by Upper Deck and will be based on the significance of the services rendered, the character of the offender, the risks and hazards involved, the time spent and expenses incurred in developing the information and bringing it forward. Only one reward will be allowed per offense. UpperDeck reserves the right to reject a claim for reward where there has been collusion, criminal involvement or improper methods to secure the information.

Please fill out this form in its entirety, as we cannot process your request without this information. Thank You.

i would think that both of these apply

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast