BEWARE: RANT AHEAD - BECKETT is ripping me off

Back in Oct'14, I called Beckett to renew a 12-month subscription to their Football OPG.
    My subscription continued and I thought nothing of it until today. Today, I was bored enough to go into my Beckett Online Profile and make sure things were current.
    Well, I noticed that where my Football OPG subscription should expire in Oct'15, it instead expires in Oct'16.
    I called their Customer Service (in India, btw) and told them that this is a mistake and that back in Oct'14 I was apparently double-charged resulting in a 24 month subscription, vice 12.
    I explained that my intent was never to go that far out.

Well, I was told that there was nothing that they could do about it. I asked to speak with a supervisor (also in India), but he/she was in a meeting, and they'd have to call me back.
    I asked to speak with a customer service person in the USA, and was told that was impossible because Beckett has outsourced their Customer Service entirely to India.

I'm still waiting on that return call from the supervisor.

Has anyone else had a similar (over/double-charge) issue with Beckett?

Thanks!

I can't find the threads but I've seen Beckett do this to others on here. I wouldn't even bother with the customer service with Beckett and instead dispute the charges with either your credit card company or Paypal. If you don't fight it they will just keep screwing you over.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

I did talk to the customer service supervisor, after I called them back three hours later.
    He said that he was just about to call me. Yeah, sure....
    Anyway, no progress. They said they extended my subscription because PayPal sent them the additional payment.
    And...because it's been so long (yeah, that's my fault) that PayPal won't do anything about it.

He did offer to change my subscription from FB to another sport OPG, If I wanted. I didn't.
    So it seems that I'm stuck.

A bunch of us used to SHARE an online OPG so we could all look up our stuff without paying full price. If you started a thread in the trading forum for that I bet you'd get a lot of interest. Depending on the price I might be interested.
    Needs: Brewers Pitcher Mark Rogers '04 pick
    Red Sox - HOF & Current Players
    Current Patriots Cards
    Larry Bird, Carmelo/Lebron/Wade RC's

Quote Originally Posted by matt_curren View Post
    A bunch of us used to SHARE an online OPG so we could all look up our stuff without paying full price. If you started a thread in the trading forum for that I bet you'd get a lot of interest. Depending on the price I might be interested.
    If that wouldn't violate any SCF rules, then I'd be interest.
    How do you recommend it working? Would members PM me the card that they want info/BV on, and I look it up and send it?
    Or would I need to give out my OPG login info?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jedijohnson View Post
    How do you recommend it working? Would members PM me the card that they want info/BV on, and I look it up and send it?
    Thanks.
    There no rule violation in the SCF rules to say you cannot do it that I know of. Just beware that if you share a account you could violate your TOS which will end you losing your Opg account with Beckett. Then you will be out two things

1) you subscription
    2) your dollars

This will result possibly just because you took the unethical route to share your subscription with others to save a few bucks. Seen too many people do it yet complain when they get busted. Plus you would have to deal with the people who paid you dollars to share in the subscription which is no longer good. Is it worth the possible headache? Just my two cents!
    Don
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

It's really a non-starter anyway. I certainly wouldn't do it if it meant sharing my account info (login/password). No offense to the good people on SCF, but I'm just not that trusting.
    Last edited by jedijohnson; 07-14-2015 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jedijohnson View Post
    Thanks.
    you could do it that way too. it might be too much of a pain in the butt to bother with for ya, but it's your account/your call
    Needs: Brewers Pitcher Mark Rogers '04 pick
    Red Sox - HOF & Current Players
    Current Patriots Cards
    Larry Bird, Carmelo/Lebron/Wade RC's

Beckett OPG is such a sham. Just use PSA. They are better cheaper and the cards sell for more on secondary market.