Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See cbprowler88's Items on eBay

Arrow A.J. Hawk Significant Signature -- I need help with what to do with it.

I just pulled a 2006 Donruss Classics
    Significant Signatures A.J. Hawk Rookie Signature
    I believe it is the Platinum version because it is numbered out of only 25.

I am watching one on ebay that is a gold version (#d 47/100) and it is already over $100.00.

Do you think I should put this card on eBay, or look what I can get for it in the high end trading section?

Thanks,
    Craig

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    See htwheelz01's Items on eBay

I think the way trading is going right now I would sell it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Craig,

It all depends on what you would be looking for on the deal. I am a packer fan by trade and I could tell you the responses your want list would get in comparison to the card.

Jay

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See sivers's Items on eBay

#47/100 is fetching a premium because that is his college jersey number, if I remember right. You shouldn't expect to see that premium.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Arkanethug's Items on eBay

I think you should give it to me. lol. I would trade it actually.Sometimes on ebay you can loose money on cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country

#47/100 is fetching a premium because that is his college jersey number, if I remember right. You shouldn't expect to see that premium.

You think that a card #ed to /100 will sell better than a card #ed to /25 because it's his college jersey number??
    If that happens, that is just plain stupid!! How can anyone put a better premium on a college jersey number than on a platinum card 3ed to only 25???
    People are nuts!! :new_all_c :new_all_c :new_all_c

I would sell it, you'll do well.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Quote Originally Posted by Insane Irish
    You think that a card #ed to /100 will sell better than a card #ed to /25 because it's his college jersey number??

A.J. Hawk #47/100 sold for $158.50 dlvd
    http://cgi.ebay.com/A-J-Hawk-2006-Do...QQcmdZViewItem

#21/25 sold for $102 dlvd
    http://cgi.ebay.com/06-Donruss-Class...QQcmdZViewItem

You really haven't seen this before?

SCF Rewards
    Country

My bad....

No, I never saw that, thats awful. I'll never understand that whole "Jersey number thing"!!
    I guess some people just have $$$ to burn.

Wouldn't you rather have a /25?? I guess I'm nuts??

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I have a 2005 LCM Fabric of the Game Jersey/Auto #2/12 of Cunningham. I got it for $65 I think. The #12/12 went for over $300 on eBay. That's the most obscene premium I have seen.

I guess I'd rather have a /25, but those two cards are basically the same thing anyways. If there's 100 of them, and I like A.J. Hawk, I'd certainly rather have #47/100 than #74/100. Yeah, they are the same card, but the 47 has some significance.

By the time it's all said and done in 2006, there'll be hundreds of auto'd cards out there for Hawk. And then in '07, there'll be more, and on and on. My opinion is that collectors want a card with a little extra something because an autograph just isn't a big deal anymore. That's why they fetch more with that jersey number.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The sad thing is next year, as with all other high pick Defensive player, it'll be going for like $20, even if he post 120 tackle, 7 sacks and 5 picks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast