Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

You'd like to think so, but they overlook stuff sometimes. Here's hoping they knock it out of the park, if I may mix my sports metaphors.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

Man, looking through the checklists there's not a lot of filler stuff in this set.

Can you post a link to the Checklist? I cant find one.

Also I would love to get that Lemieux Rinks of Honor! Those look fantastic!
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Country

Man, looking through the checklists there's not a lot of filler stuff in this set.

All the rookies....which is like half the set probably

Plus all there's no great/legends players in the big patch cards....without looking at checklist...probably no Ovie, Crosby, Stamkos, Gretzky, Lemiux, Selanne, Brodeur, Jagr, Orr, Bourque, etc.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The Teemu is pretty sweet....what is that underneath those acetate signatures?

How much faster do you think acetate will fade overtime.....gotta be quick... :\

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

You shine brighter than the light of a billion suns.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See anth-toop's Items on eBay

MattDMC and Craig2 brought up points that mesh with my following statement, which is:

Like Craig2 said, I really don't see the appeal.

As MattDMC said, the price is ridiculous. For the price a box goes for you can buy a replica jersey and get the patch without having it torn to pieces. I am absolutely done with memorabilia cards. Enough already!

Secondly, Upper Deck seems desperate. This set was first done over a decade ago. Are they so stuck for ideas that they have to re-hash an old idea?

They do this often and I don't understand why.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I understand what you're getting at Leafsman, and the price is crazy, but those mem cards are stunning in my mind. Yes, you could go out and buy a replica jersey w/ those patches, but as a card collector, having a shot at one of these cards will draw in a lot of people, and some may not be big on jerseys as other hockey fans.

Is it overpriced? Yeah, I think so. But man, those cards will be worth the pull I think. It's a risk, but that's part of the hobby.

And to touch on your second point about the re-hashing of an old set, I love the idea. If it was done to a point of over saturation every singe mem/auto set, I'd be a little concerned. However, when UD brings back some old, nostalgic designs from years past, for me, it's like falling in love with cards all over again. It's not that UD have run out of ideas (I'd hope not!), it's just that they're creating a new spin on that years' players. Again, if it's done too much, I'd have a problem. But when it's subtle, thought out, and not too overdone, I can appreciate it. :)
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Will be interested to see what some actual box breaks look like, though not overly impressed with the previews.

Now there's certainly some drool worthy cards in the preview... I think hard core player collectors are gonna have fun tryin to put together the shoulder patch, commemorative patch, and sleeve numbers - really like that (unlike Prime) UD limited these for all players to just one patch / sleeve number. The main chest logos look really impressive all assembled, but on their own there are quite a number of dull swatches - can hardly go wrong with Panthers pieces of course, but at the other end of the spectrum there are mostly underwhelming swatches in logos like the Flames n Blues. UD is kinda damned if you do, damned if you don't... I think collectors love the idea of having the full logo included with at least the theoretical chance of someone putting a whole logo back together, but can't feel good to pull a single colour mega.

Inked inscriptions are a cool idea, I really love the thought, but if you're gonna do it UD for goodness sake do it right. Looks like at least Bobby Orr, and who knows how many others, didn't bother actually writing their inscription. Either pull the card from the set, or put in a redemption, but please UD, don't just release an autographed card with no inscription and expect set collectors not to be upset.

On the rookie front, gotta say "Rookie Autogrpahs", "Rookie Inserts", "Rookie Premier Signatures", etc are pretty uninspired subset names... I'm not overly impressed with the designs (feel NT did a better job of the acetate cards for example), and the names are just so blah. Now a really beautiful card can make me forget all about the name, but it almost has the feel to me that they phoned this one in a bit "hey, whadda customers want? Lots of rookie hits, ok, let's just throw lots of rookie stuff at them, they'll slurp it up" ... "Yah, but what should I call this rookie insert set?" ... "sounds like a fine enuf name to me"

Overall, I'll have fun chasing the Mega Patches, just not blown away by the product as a whole which feels more like quantity (at a pretty high price point) over quality.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the home of the Daniel and Henrik Sedin Collection Hidden Content
    Most Wanted List
    14-15 Masterpieces Sawchuk Red Stick x/35, Barber Black Stick x/25
    Any Sedin 1/1 or game worn letter
    Any Lord Stanley's Mug 1/1

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

a billion & one from my count. Brighter than a billion & one.

You shine brighter than the light of a billion suns.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dmaksymyshyn's Items on eBay

love the pics of the big sabres logo cut up for a sweet set of cards of....Cody Hodgson....ugh....palm to forehead. fail.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast