Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Weird 18-pack break of 14-15 SPA + Other random breaks

Went into an LCS today and saw they had a mostly full box of SPA. Ended up buying somewhere around 18 packs or so and cleaned out the box.

What was weird to me, is that in those packs, I got all the stated inserts and such, FOUR FW non-autos and only 1 auto. Anyone ever see that before? I thought FW Non-Autos were 2 per box on average?

Anyways, on with the show!

FW Non-Autos:

Brandon Davidson /999
    Johan Sundstrom /999
    Bill Arnold /999
    Bryan Rust /999

Retros:

Ryan McDonagh
    Jonathan Bernier
    Alec Martinez
    Jeff Skinner
    Pierre Turgeon

Retro Premier Prospects:
    Andre Burakovsky

Upper Deck Updates:
    Derek Roy
    Mike Santorelli
    Rocco Grimaldi YG

Modern Moments:

Ekblad/Reinhart/Draisaitl
    Mats Zuccarello

All-Time Moments:

Jonathan Toews
    Paul Coffey

Future Watch RC Auto:

Curtis McKenzie /999

2 packs of 14-15 OPC Platinum:

Patrick Marleau Blue Cubes Parallel /65
    Kerby Rychel RC

2 packs of 14-15 Series 2:

Barclay Goodrow YG
    Andre Burakovsky Rookie Materials GU (red)
    Trevor Van Riemsdyk Marquee Rookies

2-pack Blaster of 13-14 Select:

Ryan Spooner Rookie Jersey Auto Prizm Parallel /99

Not awful, not great. Everything's available - looking for newer Sabres RCs, especialls Jake McCabe and Rasmus Ristolainen.

Thanks for looking!

Steve

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center
    So you're telling me that in the other 2 packs, both autos were hit? Pretty tough to do..

Quote Originally Posted by kcatthebat View Post
    So you're telling me that in the other 2 packs, both autos were hit? Pretty tough to do..
    That's what I'm saying! It was just a weird box. Wish those last few packs were there so I would've at least known what was in em.

Steve

Sounds like foul play.
    Traders:Hidden Content

Wantlist:Hidden Content

The want list at this link features what I need of Giroux, Couturier, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous set. If you have nothing from it I will consider CFL cards, current Senators, Carey Price, Guy Lafleur, Patrick Roy (Habs), vintage hockey (pre 1970) and trade bait.

Thanks and Happy Trading.

Yup, looks like someone searched them packs. I'd be pissed.

What could have happened (What happens in my LCS atleast) is that if there are only a couple packs left the owner opens a new box then puts the leftover packs in the box he opened. So its possible.

Also could have opened 2 boxes and waited until he got the hits and combined the rest of the packs.

Or the guy before you got really lucky and went 2 for 2.
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Daniel Sprong, Top Player Autos and Rookies

Quote Originally Posted by theboxbreaker96 View Post
    What could have happened (What happens in my LCS atleast) is that if there are only a couple packs left the owner opens a new box then puts the leftover packs in the box he opened. So its possible.

Also could have opened 2 boxes and waited until he got the hits and combined the rest of the packs.

Or the guy before you got really lucky and went 2 for 2.

The two locals where I shop do this as well, you might have more than one box in the open packs on the shelf. If you are buying 18 packs, it might have been better to just have bought an unopened box instead. Our locals charge more on a per pack basis than if you buy an unopened box.

I wasn't planning on buying all 18 originally or else I would have done that. Originally just wanted to hit an auto buying 6ish packs at a time and got caught chasing the auto that almost never came.

Steve

How do you pack search for an auto? Unless there is an system with this years SPA.

It happens ....... ive opened 1 pack from a fresh box, pulled an auto or BD Quad RC or something box hit ish .... ive decided to break into a fresh box until I hit the box hit and end up breaking almost every pack. Sounds like luck for the other guy, no luck for you
    *** Main PCs - Luongo / Mrazek / Fleury***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast